Coursepress Integration

Hello,
I've commented on post and got no answer:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-coursepress-pro-scorm-compliant#post-1198666

Can some one please advise if Coursepress is compliant with SCROM and Tin Can.

Thanks
Vish

• Nithin

Hi Vishan,

At the moment, there isn't any integration available for SCORM, or Tin Can API in CoursePress Pro plugin. I'm marking this as a feature request, so that more users who support this idea, the more it'll be considered for development.

If you are looking to get this done faster, you might consider custom development, you can check the Jobs & Pros section to get this sorted. Please do note that members found in the Jobs & Pros, are individuals, and doesn't have any affiliate with WPMU DEV.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Vishan

Nithin,
    Good morning. I guess you are saying go with 'Learpress' thanks for your honesty. Having freelancer coding something is not as 'relaible or scablable'(lack of trust & resources), as with WPMU DEV which explains my paid membership.

Its been 2 years since this feature was requested and its currenlty where the learning industry is going. Not much is known of Tin Can or what an LRS is ; its benifits to LMS.Why dont WPMUDEV write a Blog on this tecnology to have it gain popularity? Write a technical document on how it can be integrated with CoursePress.

The first time TinCan and LRS was mentioned in forum by one of your staff 2 years ago. Given this is going to benifit all users wheather they know it or not, certainly Coursepress will get a boost. I can bet, WPMU DEV doesn't only look at user votes to make something happen. Afterall, if the United States Department Of Defence (DOJ) is behind (FUND) this technology which is now implemented by major LMS's system, why not WPMU DEV CoursePress?. In my view this is total no brainer.

So for starters WPMUDEV should 'at least'.
    1. Write a blog on LRS, TinCan and benifits to LMS's.
    2. At the end of the blog have an option to vote for this feature.
    3. If WPMU DEV lack the resources to do this, then add 'Fund it' button next to vote button.
    ** Im willing to bet people will donate money, not only for this feature, but for others if such a process was implemented.
    4. Come up with an estimated of cost of doing this feature and let see how much funding it gets.

Please let's don't just add this as a feature request only becuase decades will go. Lets take the inititive by doing a process as above or similar.

I have a suspecion your reply may resemble something like your last, but i'm hoping this trend changes @ WPMU DEV.

WPMU DEV has the : Know, Like, Trust -Try, Buy, Repeat factor (James Farmer Famer). Now give the community an option to 'at least' kickstart a feature they think is viable. Just my view.

Thanks
    Vish

• Rupok

Hi Vish,

I'm so sorry to see that you didn't get your desired Tin Can and SCROM integration yet. I'm personally forwarding this query to our developer and I believe, he will consider this while working for our future releases.

And I'm also forwarding your blog posts request to our writer team. I believe, they will also take this in consideration and will publish blog posts on these soon.

Obviously you are free to switch to another LMS plugin, but CoursePress Pro has lots of awesome features with integration with MarketPress and WooCommerce. So I think, you can give a second thought before switching.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Vishan

Rupok,
    You are right i can switch to anoither LMS or service altogther. Coursepress is fine just not complete for whats out there already, ability to integrate critical functionality as stated above.

My expectations of WPMUDEV may have been over blown, i agree. I thought of you guys as being the undisputed champions for WP plugins. I guess not. As a new paid/customer i was wondering why WPMUDEV never offers a yearly roadmap. I think i know why now.

Thanks
    Vishan

• Nithin

Hey Vishan,

Your concerns have already been passed to developer, and the thread has been marked as a feature request, the more engaging, and +1 this thread receives by other members, the more it'll be considered for implementation.

When it comes to implementing a feature request, developers do tend to address most popular feature request first, and unfortunately this feature wasn't considered down the development roadmap as we had many other popular request ahead of this. I do understand your concerns regarding implementing these services, and I'm bringing this to our developers attention for their consideration in the development roadmap.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Vish,

Is coursepress compatible with membership pro?

Yes, it is.

Also is it possible to limit the number of users(students/teachers) per site(with coursepress) for a sub-site within a network?

In CoursePress you can limit class per course (please see here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/limit-number-of-students-in-a-course-in-coursepress-pro#post-960782 )

Limiting users per site is not something that CoursePress is capable of handling.

To limit users per site please check this thread
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-limit-number-of-users-on-a-subsite

kind regards,
    Kasia