CoursePress integrations recomendations

Hello we are considering using Coursepress Pro to manage courses that are offered through a affiliated site. The details:

1. most of the classes are broadcast live and so use a third party system for media delivery of the class through Wiziq or Skype
2. we need as a minimum baseline the promotion and billing management for the purchasing of the described published courses through Paypal
3. In addition to this a step up would be:
a. providing access to pdf files for weekly classes to enrolled users
b. offering restricted student interaction whether through website based comments or through separate forum o something like Buddy press
c. skills assessment through quizzes and such.

My request is two fold -general advice on how to this should be set up since the purpose is a little different than the premade courses usually offered, and secondly suggestions for integrations with other WPDEV plugins that will help achieve the general goals.

Thanks in advance!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Bizforge,

If you want to sell courses with our plugin, then you need MarketPress - it will handle payments and orders and simple billing.

a. providing access to pdf files for weekly classes to enrolled users

You can upload files in courses - so students can download them. This is build in option.

b. offering restricted student interaction whether through website based comments or through separate forum o something like Buddy press

In every course you can enable option for discussion - so if you don't need something more complex like bbPress forum, its option for you (there is no direct integration with bbPress and Coursepress).

c. skills assessment through quizzes and such.

This is the default option for the Courses - it allows to check students knowledge with questions, quizz questions and then grading answers. It all can be done in the course unit elements.

1. most of the classes are broadcast live and so use a third party system for media delivery of the class through Wiziq or Skype

There is no direct integration between CoursePress and those apps - so I'm thinking about using notifications for courses to send informations about live classes/links to the services etc etc.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Bizforge Staff

Fantastic! My follow up:

1. I can also use Woocommerce and associated plugins with Coursepress Pro correct?

2. Is the discussion you mentioned restricted to the course enrollees?

3. Are the notifications you mentioned part of Coursepress or a separate plugin?

4. Any other WPMUDEV plugins (other than the Marketpress mentioned) that have been used to enhance a course based site? Also does MarketPress handle recurring payments?

5. Lastly, any theme suggestions or restrictions to watch out for?

Thanks again.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Bizforge,

1. I can also use Woocommerce and associated plugins with Coursepress Pro correct?

Yes, you can also use WooCommerce to sell courses.

2. Is the discussion you mentioned restricted to the course enrollees?

Yes, and for the course instructor.

3. Are the notifications you mentioned part of Coursepress or a separate plugin?

It's part of the CoursePress - but please note, that those are notifications on the page - not email notifications.

4. Any other WPMUDEV plugins (other than the Marketpress mentioned) that have been used to enhance a course based site? Also does MarketPress handle recurring payments?

Other plugin you could use to sell access to the courses is Membership 2 Pro - MarketPress doesn't allow for reccuring payments - it is easy: buy, pay and have infinite access.
    With the Membership 2 Pro it works different - you protect content with membership - it has recurring payments, so in order to have access your users would need to be members all the time.

5. Lastly, any theme suggestions or restrictions to watch out for?

As sad I'm to say that, at this moment you can't use our Upfront themes. All themes that are having problems with virtual pages will not work with CoursePress.
    Many of our members is using Divi from Elegant Themes. Be super careful with themes from Theme Forest. Themes from wordpress.org will work.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.