CoursePress is not updating CP2

I followed the instructions and did a backup with snapshot but coursepress pro have disappeared from my dashboard.
I upgraded from CP1 to CP2, but the upgrade process fails. http://take.ms/twBbc. As a result, of this, I don't have coursepress menu in the dashboard.

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Douglas !

Could you make small changes and try to update again. Please, find {wordpress_folder}/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/upgrade/class-upgrade.php file via FTP and replace this line (apprximately 19th line)
    add_action( 'wp_ajax_coursepress_upgrade_from_1x', array( __CLASS__, 'ajax_courses_upgrade' ) );
    to
    add_action( 'wp_ajax_coursepress_upgrade_update', array( __CLASS__, 'ajax_courses_upgrade' ) );

Let me know, how it goes for you.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Douglas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Ivan,

Can you give me a little more info about the folder? I have very low level. Where do I find this wordpress folder via FTP? I cannot find anything related to wordpress on the admin dashboard.

Thanks

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Douglas !

You can't do it via WP admin dashboard. If you have access to your site via FTP, you can see wp-content folder there. Open it, then open plugins folder, then coursepress folder, then upgrade folder, then open class-upgrade.php file, make changes and save new version into your server.

If you provide me with additional login credentials, I can do it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Svyrskyi"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP/SFTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Note: Don't send any credentials via this forum because it's public forum.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Douglas !

I changed that file and tried to upgrade Coursepress - I didn't see any error. But this message shows again. Could you tell me where can I found your backup for testing it on my local installation? I found only very old snapshots on your site.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Douglas

Hi,

I wish I had better news but the snapshots on the site the the only ones. I thought I had done a backup before upgrading but that is not the case. I have made almost no changes to the course in about a year so the old ones should be sufficient.

Thanks

• Valentijn L
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello
    Got the same issue upgrading from CP 1 ->2 newest as of 17th July. Even with 1x tweak update stream. This is very annoying won't the streamline this process every 6 months not rebulding this by every upgrade. Php mode : 7.0 in compatbility mode (others modes won't' work). CP says it's upgrading by actually doing nothing I guess..

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Douglas !

I finally updated all courses on your site. Please, check it. If you have the same issue on another site. Please, provide me your credentials via our safe form - I'll update it because I didn't find simple solution to this issue.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Svyrskyi"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP/SFTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Note: Don't send any credentials via this forum because it's public forum.

Also, I'll ping our developers for fix this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Douglas

Good morning,

Coursepress Pro now appears in the dashboard but I'm afraid it doesn't completely work. I see that there are a lot of plugin updates waiting but I'm afraid to do anything as that is what causes a catastrophic failure the first time.

I have the following problems with Course press....

1. Cannot edit units.
    2. Cannot view units.
    3. Cannot add students to course.

When I click "View Units" or "View Course" on the menu bar under the course title I get this failure notice.

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Douglas !

I updated several plugins on your site and CoursePress Base plugin became CoursePress Pro and it seems it helped. I could add test user to your first course and also I can see pages of the units and the courses now. Please, check it.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.