Coursepress + Membership / Pay Per VIew

Hi - I want to setup a Courses that can be paid - but also need to provide subscription and paid articles and area access to resources and features such as forum.

I've installed CoursePress and have downloaded Membership 2 Pro and also Pay Per View. Which is the best to use for my purposes + am I best setting up the Course area separate maybe as a multisite so I can have more control over the theme of the Resources and Community part of the site?

Any info appreciated.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey John,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Could you provide us some more info about those paid articles, are those supposed to be part of a course or those will be different part of your site, like regular posts or custom post type for example?

Are you looking to have Courses as part of subscription or subscribers will be required to pay for the course as well?

There's no direct integration between CoursePress/MarketPress and Membership, if you have courses sold via MarketPress you will not be able to make those courses available to subscribers without selling it to them.
    Workaround for this setup would be to create duplicate courses and set those duplicates as free courses but allow access only for membership subscribers.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• John

Hi - the site will need to have a course learning area, a resources area, forum and news areas. I need to be able to restrict certain content to paid subscribers and be able to make some content available to free or trial period - and ideally be able to assign something like bronze, silver, gold levels where the higher level subscription has access to more advanced content..

So Membership Pro is the best plugin to do this? If we create the paid courses but can easily duplicate these and put them on a subscriber only accessible page - that's the way we can achieve this?

So we wouldn't use the Per Per View plugin at all? Are the any guides available for setting up membership pro to do this?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello John,

The site will need to have a course learning area, a resources area, forum and news areas. I need to be able to restrict certain content to paid subscribers and be able to make some content available to free or trial period - and ideally be able to assign something like bronze, silver, gold levels where the higher level subscription has access to more advanced content..

The Membership 2 Pro plugin will let you achieve that with post, pages, custom posts and even media files. In case of courses, that will work too unless you decide to sell courses via MarketPress or WooCommerce as in such case that would be "double-sale" (users would have first to sign up for a membership and then make additional purchase).

If you want the same course to be available in two ways - either as "one time fee" paid course or as "course available for free to members of certain paid membership" - that's achievable the way Predrag suggested: by setting duplicate courses where one instance is set to free and protected with Membership 2 Pro protection rules and the other one is not protected by Membership 2 Pro but paid (and sold via MarketPress or WooCommerce).

I think it should then work for you. Pay Per View plugin doesn't seem to be necessary unless you want some additional content to be only available with "one time payment" that doesn't require user registration. It's not however recommended to protect the same content with both Membership 2 Pro and Pay Per View plugin at the same time.

Are the any guides available for setting up membership pro to do this?

You'll find Membership 2 Pro usage guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#product-usage

There's also built-in help if you are going for some additional customization. Also, we are here 24/7/year so don't hesitate to ask as any questions if you come across any doubts or difficulties.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.