CoursePress messing menus up on theme

Hi there,

I have installed the plugin and on activation it has automatically set the CoursePress menus in place on the existing Menu which I dont want.

I then went into settings > menus and set the menu items under the "Store" navigation which works however the original Courses, Dashboard, Login, Logout items are still showing and messing the site up. How can I fix this up as I cant use the plugin as it stands?

Also can CoursePress work with Woocommerce as I use that for running the other Amazon store items?

Running the latest wordpress and Newpapper theme.

Regards

Peter

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Peter, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I have installed the plugin and on activation it has automatically set the CoursePress menus in place on the existing Menu which I dont want.

I then went into settings > menus and set the menu items under the "Store" navigation which works however the original Courses, Dashboard, Login, Logout items are still showing and messing the site up. How can I fix this up as I cant use the plugin as it stands?

If you go to CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> General, you can uncheck the "Display menu items" box in the "Theme Menu Items" section (see screenshot below).

Also can CoursePress work with Woocommerce as I use that for running the other Amazon store items?

You can try combining the Paid Memberships Pro plugin with WooCommerce, and setting that up up to restrict each course:

http://www.sellwithwp.com/paid-memberships-pro-woocommerce-memberships/

A member posted over here for official integration with WooCommerce, you're more than welcome to add your +1 to this idea:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-i-use-coursepress-with-woocommerce

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Michael

• Peter
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the support. All working well as Im going through setting up a course.

Is it possible to have the editor update to match the one used in wordpress? The reason being that using the text module doesnt allow the adding of any HTML and or the ability to use any theme shortcodes?

Regards

Peter

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Peter

In fact they all are almost same. For coursepress text editor, TEXT tab is removed and for excerpt the media button is removed. But yes, this would be very handy if TEXT tab is in there.

Would you please create a new thread asking for a feature request (as this topic title is different)? We will mark it as a request.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.