CoursePress: MYURL.com/contact shows a contact form. I want control over this page

MYURL.com/contact displays a contact form, categories, course categories, product categories, and shopping cart.

1) Which plugin causes this (the display of the above content) to happen automatically? How can I control the content of this page? Which plugin settings etc do I need to alter?

2) I created a page MYURL.com/contact. The text I created for this page simply shows above the mentioned contact form. Why is that? What exactly is happening here?

3) I want MYURL.com/contact to be a regular page with a) Zoplin Chat button, b) SalesForce Lead capture form, c) ZenDesk support ticket form. Items a,b,c will be enclosed in Membership shortcodes so that current members get ZenDesk, Non-members get Salesforce, everyone gets Zoplin chat. May you please help me to do this?

Support Access is already granted for your convenience.

The name of the page is "Contact"

Thank you in advance!

• Tyler Postle

Hey BGF!

1) Which plugin causes this (the display of the above content) to happen automatically? How can I control the content of this page? Which plugin settings etc do I need to alter?

The CoursePress theme has a contact template built in, so when you use the url /contact - it will automatically use that template. If you create a new contact page called /contact-us then it won't show up, unless you choose the "contact template" from the right on the page edit screen.

Categories are in your widget area by default, the course categories, product categories and cart are added by CoursePress and MarketPress - you can remove them by going to:

Appearance > Widgets.

2) I created a page MYURL.com/contact. The text I created for this page simply shows above the mentioned contact form. Why is that? What exactly is happening here?

As I mentioned above, this is because it's using the contact template in the theme since the url is "contact", make a new one with a url like contact-us and then it won't show the form, or you can just remove it off that page with some CSS:

.page-id-1509 #contact_form {
    display: none;
    }

Add that to your custom css sheet, if you don't have one then use this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

3) I want MYURL.com/contact to be a regular page with a) Zoplin Chat button, b) SalesForce Lead capture form, c) ZenDesk support ticket form. Items a,b,c will be enclosed in Membership shortcodes so that current members get ZenDesk, Non-members get Salesforce, everyone gets Zoplin chat. May you please help me to do this?

Yes, so either create a new contact page with a different url or add my custom CSS above to remove the contact form :slight_smile:

Then only the content in your page content will actually show.

The rest you should be able to do just as you say, enclose the content for members in the members shortcode - enclose the non-members content in visitor shortcode, then don't enclose the everyone content in anything :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

If you need any further assistance here just let us know!

All the best,
    Tyler