CoursePress Name Change

Hello Support,
I'm able to change other plug names via Ultimate branding(Text Change) but it does now work for Coursepress. Can you please provide step just to verify i'm doing it currently?

Thanks
Vish

• Milan

Hello Vishan

Before Developer checks this, let's try this.

#1) Open \wp-content\plugins\coursepress\coursepress.php file
    #2) Go to line no 3574, you should see line with code,

add_menu_page( $this->name, $this->name, 'coursepress_dashboard_cap', 'courses', array(&$this,'coursepress_courses_admin'), $this->plugin_url . 'images/coursepress-icon.png' );

replace it with this line,

add_menu_page( __( $this->name, 'cp' ), __( $this->name, 'cp' ), 'coursepress_dashboard_cap', 'courses', array( &$this, 'coursepress_courses_admin'), $this->plugin_url . 'images/coursepress-icon.png' );

Save the file and try Ultimate Branding.

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vish!

The change can be done both via FTP and via "Plugins -> Editor" (selecting CoursePress pro). The FTP way is more secure though and I'd suggest doing it this way.

Make also sure please that you are using a "clean text" editor such as e.g. Notepad++, Sublime or similar and not the editor/word processor from your "office suite" (don't use e.g Word, OpenOffice, Googe Docs etc).

If you're not successful I'll be able to help you with this. Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vish!

This is not an Ultimate Branding issue but CoursePress issue and the "patch" suggested by Milan is applied to the CoursePress files. I'm really hoping for a permanent fix soon but I'm not able to give you any ETA so if you need this urgently this would be the working solution for now.

If you're not comfortable doing this change I can do it for you. I would need however to access your site via FTP or a cPanel File Manager so please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password) - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) -- cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else;

Please use our contact form here http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list. 

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.