CoursePress not sending certificate

I've had a course and student completed a course but no certificate for him. It's urgent for me to get it fixed.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello carl,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue.

By looking at the settings of the Course it looks fine - non-gradable and non-required questions should not be included in the overall result.
    Have you changed the results of some of the students manually? Where there any changes in the course structure while the course was on-going?
    I can see that some students are certified with 99%, so it should also work for other students.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello carl,

Haven't changed the results manually, there have been constant updated while the course has been active.

The 99% should be 100%.

So you have changed questions or added/removed elements while students were taking the course?
    When a course is changed then the results of students are recalculated and it can lead to unexpected results. If those changes were merely cosmetic changes like changing descriptions then we suggest using this line in the function.php of the theme:

add_filter( 'coursepress_update_student_progress', '__return_false' );

But that's said I took a second look on your course and last questions are required to answer - if your user won't answer them then they can't finish the course. Any answer there if they have everything correct in the previous answers will let them get a certificate.

Another thing is that we might provide you with incorrect information about the non-gradable questions. They are also included in the overall grade. So when they are left empty, they will lower the score (to 99%) so the course will not end with the certificate.
    Users of your course need to answer those questions to get 100%.

So, for example, a student with ID 709 has 99% because the last 3 questions are empty.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.