Coursepress not working properly

Hi there,

I am trying to set up CoursePress but it doesn't seem to work as expected.I have installed it on another test site but still not working perfect. Both sites are encountering different types of errors.

After I created the course, the course details page only has the name of the course with no details at all.

I have added units as well as details. Feeling disappointed, please help.

Kind regards
Malkiat Singh

• Malkiat

Hi Luís,

Could you please help on this topic? If there is no way to make it work with the GeneratePress theme, then I would like to resolve following issues with the coursepress theme:
    1. Widgets in the footer area are not responsive.
    2. Menu items need to move below the header logo image (we have too many menu items and they stack up in 2 rows which is not desirable. By moving the menus underneath the logo, we would be able to stack more menu items).
    3. Custom widget area which is opposite to the logo image area (on left hand side).

Besides these issues, I have following questions regarding Coursepress plugin:
    1. I want to create a course index where I want to list courses as per their category as opposed to all courses in one big list. How can I achieve this?
    2. I would like the ability to be able to search for courses for our clients, where they can perform a detailed search (e.g. Show me courses for Electronics->Robotics->Embedded Systems)
    3. I would like the ability to mark courses as online only or classroom + online.
    4. Again, the ability to search courses by selecting a filter for (classroom only or online only or both)

I would appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
    Malkiat Singh

• Luís

Hi @Malkiat,

I hope had been good today!

Relativly to the CoursePress theme:

1) You can add a media querie to control the breakpoints (dimensions of the small devices) and force the widgets:

@media (max-width: 51em) {
      	#third.widget-area .widget {
      		clear:both;
      		width: 100%;
      	}
      }

2) You need to rewrite the CSS of the Main Navigation to achieve that. See the example:

.main-navigation {
      	float: left;
        	width: 100%;
      }

.main-navigation ul {
      	float: left;
      }

.main-navigation li{
      	float:left;
        	margin-left: 20px;
      }

If you don't know, you should always avoid change the original CSS files, in order to don't lose it all when you make an update.

So, we recommend use a plugin to add custom CSS:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Relativly to the CoursePress plugin:

1) You want to display all courses in one page only, divided by your categories? Or show the categories in different pages?

If you want to show in different pages you can create a Custom Link in your Menu for the different categories and add the URL.

2) To achieve that you can try use a external plugin to search for custom post types. I will suggest Ultimate WP Query Search Filter:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-wp-query-search-filter/

After install it, you can create a custom search form using as terms the courses categories and subcategories.

3) Unfortunately this option does not exist. I will pass this information to our developers to take this request into consideration for the next updates.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi @Malkiat,

I hope had been good today!

CoursePress uses specific templates to render those views. Your theme seems to be overriding the templates.

The options are:

- Remove the templates that are overriding the CP templates;

- Customize the templates to show the expected information by using the shortcodes provided by CoursePress, using do_shortcode();

- Create Pages to all courses and using the Course Details shortcode. You can see all shortcodes and its application in CoursePress -> Settings -> Shortcodes.

If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.