CoursePress PayPal Checkout returns to Checkout page after PayPal

Users of the site try to checkout via PayPal. After providing PayPal with the valid payment details they get redirected back to the checkout page and the order has not been completed.

Unfortunately, it is not every time on every order. Sometimes the orders go through just fine. We have, however replicated it on our end and do not see where the problem is.

In the server logs, the user gets redirected back to /store/checkout/confirm/?token= with a PayPal token. They do not see the order-status page with the payment details.

Along with the token from PayPal, there is a PayerID= included in the URL in the server logs. That is followed by a GET /?sccss=1&ver=4.5.3

Support access has been granted on the site.

Please Help! Thanks!

• David

So, we think we may have found the "problem" and it may be more in the UX than in the code. Is it required that the user go out to PayPal, and then return to the order summary page before "Submitting the Order"? Is there any way to complete the order upon returning from PayPal? It seems that many users are not aware of the final step and are leaving the cart after PayPal authorization without finalizing the purchase. Clearly, our client is not happy about this. Please let me know how to finalize the order upon return from PayPal.

• Milan

Hello David

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it is not every time on every order. Sometimes the orders go through just fine. We have, however replicated it on our end and do not see where the problem is.

Glad to know that you were able to replicate it, could you please tell me how you did that ? Is it happening with specific user only or its happening frequently ?

So, we think we may have found the "problem" and it may be more in the UX than in the code. Is it required that the user go out to PayPal, and then return to the order summary page before "Submitting the Order"?

Yes, its mandatory flow with PayPal because this is how their API works. You may want to try with other payment gateways. Changing this flow would not be possible as it'll require accountable amount of work to be done, and for that I suggest you to hire developer who can do that for you. Or better you can use our Job Portal where experts from our community works. Please note that on our Job Portal no official WPMU DEV Staff is involved. Its purely governed by community experts. :slight_smile:

Let me know your inputs, please. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Mian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.