CoursePress Pro 2.0.4 / WooCommerce 2.6.14

I recently updated CoursePress Pro from v1.3.4.3 to 2.0.4. When running 1.3 with Woocommerce, no problems. When running 2.0, the site throws a fatal error (Specifically: 'Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8589938880 bytes) in /home/counse48/public_html/workshops/wp-includes/option.php on line 1115') when I try to access the course units in the back end. The front end seems to be running fine.

I have turned off all plugins, and revealed this to be the conflict.

I bumped the wp-config memory limit to 256 and the php.ini limit defaults to 768.

This is clearly a conflict between the 2.0.4 update and WooCommerce.

Thanks in advance,
Michael J Formica

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The CoursePress 2.x includes integration with WooCommerce and should work fine with it. The 256M WP memory limit should be enough unless there's some additional issue involved that we are not yet aware of.

I understand that the error comes up only if you try to access CoursePress in backend and you do not need to deactivate the CoursePress plugin to be able to use dashboard after that - only the CoursePress section is unavailable, is that correct?

I would like to take a closer look at your site with the newest CoursePress installed. I suppose though that you downgraded the plugin back to the version because it's a live site and you need to keep it running, is that right?

If yes, would that be possible that you set up a staging site (that'd be a "one-one" copy of your live site, on the same server) and grant me a support access to it so I could check it?

You may grant a support access by following this guide:

Best regards,