Coursepress Pro Administration not appearing for multisite

I have CoursePress Pro installed on my multisite installation. I want multisite creators to be able to create courses on their multisite. I have it network activated but when i go to the testuser's dashboard there is not admin options for CoursePress.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jerry, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

It sounds like there might be something conflicting here, as I'm able to access the admin options for CoursePress Pro on each of the subsites (as well as the main site) inside my Multisite network.

Could you test for a conflict by going through our handy troubleshooting flowchart please? You can find it at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Please advise,
    Michael

• Jerry

I deleted my entire installation of wordpress and reinstalled it from scratch. The only plugin I have is coursepress. I created a test site. when I go to the testsite logged in as admin, i can see the coursepress admin menu as well as all the side menus, but when I log in as the test user of the site, not only is the coursepress admin menu not there but other menus on the side are missing as well, such as Plugins and Settings.

This is most likely related more to the multisite installation then to the specific plugin.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jerry, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

After looking into this further, it looks like we've come across an odd bug here.

Apparently, by default, when CoursePress Pro is network activated, only the Super Admin is able to access the CoursePress Pro menu items on a sub-site.

However, if at some point the plugin was activated on a sub-site by a sub-site admin (e.g. it was enabled, and then disabled at a later point), if CoursePress Pro is network activated, the menu options are available on the sub-site to both the Super Admin, as well as the sub-site admin.

The menu items won't show up on a sub-site if CoursePress Pro was never specifically activated on that sub-site at some point (i.e. newly created sites won't be able to do things like create courses)

I've notified the developer of the bug here, but if you're wanting to allow your members to create courses right this minute, you would want to enable CoursePress Pro on a site by site basis. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Ash

Hello @Jerry

I hope you are well today.

I have like 2 to 3 weeks until launch. Do you think it will be corrected before then?

The bug will be fixed as soon as possible :slight_smile:

could you give me the steps I would need to take in the mean time to activate it for subsite admins?

Go to Network Admin > Plugins > Network Deactivate the coursepress plugin.

Then go to Network Admin > Sites > All Sites and go to each sites Dashboard > Plugins > Activate the coursepress plugin.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Chris

Hi, 2 years down the road... I am having the same issue but nothing that was said above works for me. In summary:

I have a WP multisite with 2 blogs. On Firefox.
    1. Installed Coursepress PRO and network activated it. But no admin menu.
    2. Deactivated ALL plugins, network activated Coursepress Pro, but no admin menu.
    3. Reinstalled Wordpress. No change.
    4. Network deactivated Coursepress Pro and activated on one of the blogs. Still no admin menu.
    5. Tried everything on Chrome but also no admin menu.

I should add that I had converted the main site from single site to multisite. On the single site I had also installed CPPro and it worked well.

My inkling is, that there are some 'remnants' of the previous installation in the database which cause all this; but where to look??

Now I am lost and need help.

• Luís

Hi Chris ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I would suggest to create a separate topic regarding to this, since CoursePress was changed a bit in the newer releases and the issue mentioned above was solved, however, I already checked that you already did it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/no-admin-menu-for-coursepress-pro-on-multisite

As my teammate Predrag is already dealing with it, I would suggest to keep the updates in that topic to avoid spread and lose information.

Cheers, Luís