CoursePress Pro - Answer questions after course date?

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to still answer questions after the date of the course has passed. The scenario in which my setup is the instructors are doing offline classes but need the system to provide some online integrations, so the instructor will login as the student and provide a "fake" answer so that they can put a grade in for the student. Problem is when we login as the student we can't seem to access the question to answer it anywhere.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Danny!

You're right, after a course is closed, students no longer have access to it. You could edit the course settings themselves to briefly re-open the course so you'd be able to login as a student and see the course again. Otherwise, I think you'd be looking at some custom code to allow access to only the parts of the course the instructor needs when logged in as the student. That's a bit out of scope for what we can do on a support forum (I think it would get fairly complicated to create a consistent set of rules that would enable this), so I can do two things.

1. I'll add a feature request. If other users seem keen on the idea of partial course access after the closing date, they'll give it a +1. The more popular a request is, the more likely it is to be added to a plugin.
    2. You might speak to a developer, like from our Jobs Board or another source, who can whip up a CoursePress extension for you.

Thanks for your question!