Coursepress Pro - Assessment Percentage in Certificate

Is it possible to display the assessment grade eg 76% within the certificate?

• Luís

Hi Tom ,

Hope you're doing well today!

CoursePress don't have any option to do display the overall grade on the certificate, if I am not missing something. I think it would be a great feature so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

However, I flagged the SLS team (our code experts ) to investigate further and get their valuable feedback about this.

Since this team deals with more advanced threads it may take them longer to reply.

Cheers, Luís

• Mahlamusa

Hi Tom,

I hope you are doing great today. I am very sorry for the delayed response from our side and thank you very much for you patience so far. When was was going through some old threads, I have noticed that this one is still open, so I was wondering if you still need help with this one.

if I understood your query very well, you want to display the assessment grade on the certificate for the student. So for example, if student enrolls in course A and finishes it with a final assessment of 80%, then you want this assessment percentage/grade to appear in their certificate. If that is the case, you may try the following plugin code:

<?php
    /**
    * Plugin Name: CoursePress Percentage on Certificate
    * Description: Add student grade on certificate_tokens
    */
    add_filter( 'coursepress_certificate_fields', 'percentage_fields_on_certificate' );
    add_filter( 'coursepress_basic_certificate_html', 'modify_basic_certificate_html', 10, 3 );
    add_filter( 'coursepress_basic_certificate_vars', 'percentage_to_certificate_vars', 10, 1 );

function percentage_fields_on_certificate($fields, $student, $course){
    	$course_grade = 0;
    	if ( class_exists ( 'CoursePress_Data_Student' ) ) {
    		$course_grade = CoursePress_Data_Student::average_course_responses( $student_id, $course_id );
    	}
    	elseif ( class_exists( 'Student' ) ) {
    		$student = new Student( $student_id );
    		if ( $student->is_course_complete( $student_id, $course_id ) ) {
    			$course_grade = get_avarage_response_grade( $course_id );
    		}
    	}

return array_merge( $fields, array( 'assessment_percentage' => $course_grade ) );
    }

function modify_basic_certificate_html( $html, $course_id, $student_id ) {
    	$course_grade = CoursePress_Data_Student::average_course_responses( $student_id, $course_id );
    	return '<div id="student_grade">' . $course_grade . '</div>' . $html;
    }

function percentage_to_certificate_vars( $certificate_tokens ) {
    	return array_merge( $certificate_tokens, array( 'ASSESSMENT_PERCENTAGE'=>'' ) );
    }

All you have to do is copy the above code, paste it in a new PHP file like 'assessment-grade-in-certificate.php', save an upload the code to your website in the folder '/wp-content/plugins' and activate it like you activate any other plugin, or upload it to '/wp-content/mu-plugins/' folder and it will be automatically included without the need for activation.

Please note that the above code is just a rough overview of what you should try to achieve your goal. It may work as it is, but I haven't tested it yet. Please try it and let us know if that helps or not, let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa