Coursepress pro cant log in with custom log in and line break css issue

Hello

I have a couple questions and issues with this plug in.

Firstly all was working fine then the custom log in page that I set up stopped working. Iv manually added students. I tried shutting off all plug ins. I haven't been able to figure out what started this issue. Here is the log in page http://bountifulbeautifulblissfulyou.com/student-login/ use djinanna@djinanna.com password infinitecreate256!

Also Iv been trying to pin down code for the log in to change the css so the input fields are aligned properly. I customized the css for the student form but it also changes the settings form to be stacked. I tried a lot of little tweaks here but Id prefer the log in fields to be aligned next to each other.

I already have a course running so there isnt much tweaking I can do but for me to continue with the plug in I do need to figure out what is going on with the log in and why it stpoped working when I have not changed anything.

Thank you!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jamie

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are doing good and thanks for asking the question :slight_smile:

Please try the following css:

form#student-settings p {
        width: auto;
        display: inline;
    }
    form#student-settings label br{
    display: none;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

About the login page, is the email and username same for that user? If not, please try username instead of email. If yes, would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

And please note that, the forum is public, so do not post any sensitive information in forum. I hope the username, password you shared is a subscriber account.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Jamie

About the redirection issue, would you please create a new thread? Please include more details about the issue, like how to reproduce etc. It is always recommended to create separate thread for separate issue to avoid confusion and delay.

About the login issue, this is a conflict with your theme. Would you please ask your developer if their theme somehow restrict ajax form submit?

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jamie

This is still a theme issue. I have tried the login you shared, but didn't log me in. Then I have tried some random characters as username and password, which should be wrong user login but didn't show me any error message.

Are you able to login?

Cheers
    Ash

• Jamie
    • Flash Drive

Well thats the problem I am troubleshooting - the custom log in isn't working and thats the subject of this ticket - so that address wouldnt work because thats why I am messaging support. Iv given you the address to see for yourself

You have to use the admin panel log in to get in wp-admin

and iv changed the password for that ID
    satavtar
    p(fWKb08XzDeQ3gZ!s(XW%GW

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jamie

I hope you are well today :slight_smile:

In Dec 11th, I have checked this issue and said:

The issue is with your theme. I have checked the page with default 2015 theme and it worked.

But then you mentioned:

I needed to ask the theme authors that was preventing people from being able to log in on the custom page. It fixed the problem but only temporarily and now people cant log in again.

But it is still a conflict with your theme. Did the theme developer give any hint or something? I think they are handling the form submission data in a different way. To verify, would you please try the custom login with wp theme or a theme from different author?

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jamie
    • Flash Drive

Hello :slight_smile:

It is not with the theme.

I changed the setting the theme authors told me to and it worked fine.

Now it doesnt work suddenly I have not changed anything and I tried it with twenty ten theme.... :slight_frown:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Yes, I can see that! By the way, new password is $5SN82mOY@b7t6ioUsdEaqxp

It seems a plugin conflict to me. Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jamie
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

I havent been able to deal with troubleshooting coursepress pro again yet. But I had some time now so I want to recap.

Firstly the conflict with my theme was corrected, so it isnt that. I spoke to the author and it was a simple option being shut off. Second, I did just again deactivate every plug in AND the theme at the same time. I am very tech savvy, and know css and some php, so Im aware of how to do these things.

Still the custom log in on this page did not work http://bountifulbeautifulblissfulyou.com/student-login/

Here is the weird thing. When I was goign through deactiviating plug ins I would try the log in, and I did get the custom log in to work. But then it stopped working for no reason when I tried again. I went through thoi process of activating and deacitving all plug ins, in different orders, and all of them along with the theme and went to using a twenty twelve and still I cannot get this to work consistently. It worked for a few times, then stopped again. And I cant get it to work again.

I am 100% stumped

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jamie,

Could you enable debug log in WordPress and try again login? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

If there are any errors that are preventing successful login it should be in the debug.log file.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jamie
    • Flash Drive

Hey There,

Here is the log

[20-Mar-2016 21:14:51 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()
    instead. in /nfs/c02/h11/mnt/28706/domains/bountifulbeautifulblissfulyou.com/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624
    [20-Mar-2016 21:14:56 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /nfs/c02/h11/mnt/28706/domains/bountifulbeautifulblissfulyou.com/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624
    [20-Mar-2016 21:15:00 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:15:31 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:15:32 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:15:34 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:15:37 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:16:01 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:16:32 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:16:34 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:16:36 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:16:45 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:16:48 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:18:03 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:18:12 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [20-Mar-2016 21:18:14 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jamie

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for sharing the log with us. I analyzed your given data, but the log doesn't show any specific plugin behaving weird. Rather it's saying the PHP Notice is being generated from "wp-includes/functions.php" file.

Great that you are tech savvy and I assume you have the latest version of WordPress. I just searched with the error and I found this "All plugin authors were emailed on August 7th and advised to test and update their plugins as needed" regarding this "The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0!" issue.

So, to facilitate the troubleshooting process, can you please turn off all your plugins except CoursePress Pro, and set any default WordPress theme active and test this couple of times? I know you already did this, but I want to do some tests on your site, so I'm requesting you to help us testing in optimum configuration. I'm already aware that your theme developer gave you a solution of turning off an option, and then it worked again, but still I'm requesting just to restart the troubleshooting process and find a solution for good. If you again find that it stops working after couple of tries, please send us test credentials once again so we can test. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I want to solve it forever this time.

Please let us know the result. I'm following this thread and will try to get back to you as soon as possible. And I'll try my level best this time to solve this problem for good.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jamie
    • Flash Drive

Hi

Hello,

I had to reinstate my theme and plugins. I cant leave my site broken for hours and days. People are using the course now.

At this point Iv done everything asked - many times over. Paid for several months support and this still isn't rectified.

I am going to have to look into another solution even though I love the way you have yours set up. I wanted to use it on other client sites as well but - I cant be wasting this much time and money on support.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jamie,

I sincerely apologize that this is taking so long. I would like to check one more thing as we are not able to replicate this issue.
    I would like to make a copy of your site on another environment to check if I will be able to replicate it. Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

kind regards,
    Kasia
    kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.