CoursePress Pro: Can't see course units - 0 units available

Hi, for some reason, each course is saying there are 0 units available. We can see all the units on the back end, and they're all published. Here's a screen shot of what we're seeing. Please advise. I have authorized support access in the WPMU DEV dashboard.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Abigail Beaty, I hope you are doing well today!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue!

Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with a plugin/theme?

Deactivate all other plugins and test again. If the issue is gone, please activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this conflict.

Please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Abigail Beaty, I Hope this message finds you in a good health!

Would you please enable debugging mode? Put the following line in the wp-config.php file :
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Paste here the Error you will see.

Please regrant support access to your website from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a look.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Abigail Beaty,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access. I could see the units on a default TwentySixteen theme however on CoursePress theme they does not show.

I tried to reproduce it on my own site but could not reproduce it. Using the same theme I can see the units without any issue.

Did you are any one else customized this theme ?

Also, what code were in wp-config.php file that triggered that fatal error ?

Note: Don't post full address of your site on a public forum. Its a security risk. I have edited your reply and removed it now.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Abigail Beaty
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

We have not customized the theme at all except to change the colors.

The code I added to the wp-config.php file to produce the error was the code snippet that Nastia provided above. Once I remove the bit of code, the error went away.

Thanks for removing our address. Any help you can provide would be appreciated! We were hoping to launch the first course soon, but we can't do that if the units don't show.

thanks,
    Abi

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Abigail Beaty, I hope you are doing well today!

I believe that what @Sajid has asked for, is what code is located on the line 82, in the wp-config.php file that triggered this error

The code I asked from you to put in this file it's enabling WordPress debugging tool, and shows the errors/warnings in the installation.

Would you please send to us your credentials so we can have a closer look?
    You can send credentials by using our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Anastasia
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Abigail Beaty, I trust this message finds you well

I have reported this issue to our developers. As soon as there’s an update on this issue, the developer or myself will post back on this thread with an update. Please note that, developer response might be slower than the usual staff response, so we really appreciate your patience on this!

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Abigail Beaty
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Nastia,

I just wanted to check on our ticket. Its been a couple of weeks and we have not heard anything back yet from you or the developer.

Also we are having issues now getting to our dashboard to make any changes or edits.

If you could please let us know what the status is on our ticket we would appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
    Abi

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Abigail, I hope you are doing great today!

I see that this ticket is still in progress, but I have pinged the developers again. I hope they will answer soon.

Also we are having issues now getting to our dashboard to make any changes or edits.

Dou you mean you have issues with WPMU DEV Dashboards plugin? In this case please create another thread, a member from our staff will assist you right away.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

If we may be of any further assistance, please, let us know!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Abigail Beaty
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Nastia,

No, I was talking about the wordpress dashboard. Ever time we try to get to the wordpress dashboard, we get an internal server error message.

Since we giving you access to our site, we have been locked out and now we can not make any changes or edits to our courses.

What can we do to resolve this.

Regards,
      Abi

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello @beatya,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear its not working for you but since this issue is totally different then the one you mentioned earlier so I would request you start new thread according to our forum rules. This will help us track each issue in its own ticket specially tickets includes bug reports.

Include the necessary details and also refer to this thread if needed in your new thread. Yes, I can understand the frustration and but it will help us fix your issue quickly and efficiently. You can open a new ticket here.

Take care and have a fantastic day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Abigail Beaty
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Great, we have started a different thread to address our lack of access to the wordpress dashboard. But this ticket should also remain open because we have never received any answers from the developers regarding not being able to see our units in our courses.

thanks,
    Abi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.