CoursePress Pro certificate

Is there a detailed guide to creating a custom certificate? I see the documentation but it's simply copied from the plugin set up. There are no additional instructions. I'm coming from Learn Dash Pro where the documentation was much clearer. I hope I'm just looking in the wrong place.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lora

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's no other documentation on this, however certificates in CoursePress are also pretty simple. I mean that there's no complex "rules" or "dependencies" so there's also not much to be setup. You can set a certificate on "CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> Basic Certificate" page where you can decide whether to use default one or create your own.

If you decide to create your own it's no different to creating a regular post on your site with that exception that there are some macros (placeholders) that you can use that will then be dynamically replaced with relevant information for a user. All these available macros are listed on certificate editing screen right above the editor.

Additionally, you can "overwrite" a certificate for a specific course on course settings page in "Step 7 - Course Completion" if you enable "Use custom certificate for this course" option there.

If you got any specific/more detailed questions about this or you come across any issues while creating a certificate, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Lora,

So I need them to complete a short quiz and once they pass that, have a custom certificate issued. I don't know how to set that loop up and or how I test the custom certificate. I need to see how it is printing so I can line up the short codes with the template.

Which shortcodes are you referring to exactly?
    Certificate is printed as PDF and it can't include WP shortcodes if that's what you're looking to include.
    When you create or edit course you can enable Custom Certificate in Step 7 and on right side you will see preview button to see how certificate looks:

Also for the course that don't have a certificate, I just want them to be able to end. It's showing a message that says Almost There! Congratulations! You have completed Child Abuse Prevention for Professional Caregivers! Your course instructor will now review your work and get back to you with your final grade before issuing you a certificate of completion.

I won't be reviewing anything and they won't be receiving a certificate. How do I change that loop?

Could you please grant support access to your site so we can check your course settings and modules use so we can better understand this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.