Coursepress Pro conflict with blog template and prosites

Hey there, have installed the plugin coursepress pro. this is on a pro site install. once I choose my username and pass then go to choose a blog template that I have created with the coursepress pro activated and installed on, when I try and log into the new site I have just created it redirects me to the register/signup for a course!
Obviously this is not what we want... is there a conflict that you are aware of?
how can this be rectified so that it goes straight to the dashboard when trying to sign up..
I have deactivated the coursepress blog templates EXCEPT Course3 - so if you need to test it you can on template Course 3... Cheers
Steve

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I can see you are using older version of CoursePress Pro plugin, could you please try using latest version of it?

Is it working fine for you if you don't use CoursePress Pro?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Cheers Vinod
    I have granted you access.
    I have also updated the plugin.. will test it now and add a comment when done.
    the blog templates works really well with every other senario, just has problems with the coursepress Pro.. on loggin in for the first time for my newly created site it redirects me to register for a course..!

will get back asap and update you..

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK the same kind of thing is happening, but once I upgraded, it now goes to a you have not signed up for any courses. there is the admin bar there so the user is logged in, but if they have not been to the dashboard before there is no way of them knowing how to do this. really if they login to the website it should go straight to the dashboard not the register for a course page..

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Steve,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

This is actually by design, though I agree it may not be suitable for all situations and perhaps a option to disable that redirection would be good.

What do you think @Rheinard and @Marko Miljus ?

Thanks for your patience here Steve.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jack thanks for that... in this instance I think being able to turn the redirection off is imperative especially when using it with prosites and blog templates.
    The whole;e idea here is to do everything for those people who do not know dev of a site and if they are presented with this page as they are now, they will just give up!

So +100000000 for me!

if this is put in place how long before we would see it?
    Cheers and thanks for the update!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.