Coursepress Pro - course length and pdfs

Hi

i have 2 questions:

1. I am looking for a way to set the length of course for a set period (12 months) following enrollment.
It looks like this was a requested feature 2 years ago so i wondered if it is available yet

2. I am using a plugin to show embedded pdfs in the modules. The first one loads perfectly but on clicking 'next' the pdf does not load in the next page - it loads if you refresh the page but i want it to load automatically
The plugin is PDF Embedder Secure - there's some troubleshooting info in this page for reference https://wp-pdf.com/kb/
I'm wondering if this point is relevant :-
'The viewer doesn't display at all (or at wrong size) when inside a Javascript based tab or ajax page transitions'

would appreciate any advice
thank you

• Dimitris

Hey there ian20,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

1. You mean that the length of course should be 12 months based on the enrollment date of student, is that right?
    That's still not possible, so we may escalate this to our devs once more.

2. Could you please grant with temporary support access to your website to see that in action?
    You can do that via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, no need to share credentials, as described here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• ian20

Hi Dimitris

Thanks for replying

1. Yes i would like the course length to run for a set time e.g. 12 months from enrollment.

2. I have granted support access
    there are 2 modules in the Beauty Therapy course
    module 1 loads fine with the pdf in the page
    click next to module 2 and the pdf does not load - you just get the link to the file
    refresh the page and the pdf loads

thanks
    ian

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ian,

1. Yes i would like the course length to run for a set time e.g. 12 months from enrollment.

I'm afraid that this request didn't get much of the attention so it didn't get on top of the to-do list so it's not yet included in the plugin.

2. I have granted support access
    there are 2 modules in the Beauty Therapy course
    module 1 loads fine with the pdf in the page
    click next to module 2 and the pdf does not load - you just get the link to the file
    refresh the page and the pdf loads

I can see the issue on your site and I did some tests on my installation where the same thing happens.
    I've also tested PDF Viewer and that one worked fine for me so it looks that the way this plugin was developed will not work with CP at this time :slight_frown:

Best regards,
    Predrag