Coursepress Pro Course listing has no call to action button.

The standard Coursepress listing page does not offer an identifiable means for a user to click through for more information on each course.

It has a title, and image and a price.

Each course listed on the page should AT LEAST have a 'more information' button or even better, an 'add to cart' button as well.

Relying on people clicking on the course title is not good enough these days.

How can we add such buttons to our custom template without messing with core code?

• Nastia

Hello lowercase , I hope you are doing well today!

Because the CoursePress Pro is rewritten from the scratch this option is not included inside the plugin. I am moving this thread to Features & Feedback section to give it more exposure amongst our members. If the feature will have enough "+1" votes, our developers will add it to the feature development list.

As for the "Add To Cart" button, this is possible to achieve once the integration with the MarketPress plugin is activated.

I see the plugin is already installed on your site, to activate the integration navigate to CoursePress Pro > Settings > Extensions and activate the MarketPress extension.

This way all the paid course should be shown as a product on Store pages.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello there lowercase

Adding "Read More" button will require custom coding. I am afraid I am not a PHP expert here, so I've forwarded your request to our SLS developers to provide you some feedback.

Once I have an update, me or one of our developers will reply in this thread. Please note that the developer's response is slower than the usual staff, this is because they are dealing with complex tasks on a daily basis.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• lowercase

To be honest, it seems like everything needs custom coding with Coursepress. It really has been a disappointing experience in that regard and I would not recommend it to anyone going forward.

The entire point of Wordpress is to customize or design your own theme - choose any theme you want - then add things like Coursepress to it along the way.

How can it be that we have paid for a plugin and still can't achieve that? It has been months and we still cannot launch because you don't provide the most basic thing - allow the ability to buy your plugin and add it to our existing theme like almost any other plugin ever created. Seems so simple.

You guys have completely over complicated things with your forced theme idea, when it could be ridiculously simple. Why can't we just have a template for each page, and stop this notion of trying to generate things automatically and all from one file (which breaks our websites every time you update it).

Anyway, I am hoping for some positive resolution on this matter as it seems I've been trying to debug your plugin for months now and still don't have a website to show for it.

All the while we have been forced to pay a monthly fee just to get really slow replies on this forum and no end result.

• Nastia

Hello lowercase

I had an update from one of our staff members. turns out there is a "Details" button is there, though it's hidden with CSS code.

Please add the code shown bellow to a theme's CSS editor:

.course_list_box_item .apply-button-details {
        display: block;
        padding-left: 20px;
        padding-right: 20px;
        min-width: 240px;
        max-width: 240px;
        color: white;
        padding: 6px 0 6px 0px;
        margin-top: 20px;
    }

If you don't have a CSS editor, please try the Simple Custom CSS plugin.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Nastia