[CoursePress Pro] Course page not showing

Hi,

The CoursePress pro does not seem to show the course page. It shows the course list and the course dashboard but once i click on the course or its details i get an empty page... i think maybe its a conflict with my theme or maybe i am doing something wrong... Hope you can help,
thanks in advance,
Andi

I would add screenshots but cannot see this option in this ticket.

Thanks in advance.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andreas Englowski

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and I noticed that on a "course page" the site encounters a "500 Internal Server Error", which stops it from being loaded fully.

That is very often caused by memory limits issues which is also very likely in this case because the site currently has 75 plugins active (which is a lot) - some of them quite "resource hungry" - while it's still set to allow only 40M of memory (out of available 512M of PHP-allowed memory) on front-end.

That said, please start with a small tweak by adding following line to the "wp-config.php" file of the site above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

If that doesn't help, replace it with

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

and if that still doesn't help, keep that last added line there and let me know and I'll investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andi,

It's possible that something else is causing the error here and checking debug.log might give us some more info about the cause.
    Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Visit the single course page again so that it breaks and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

And one more question, did you already tried disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme so we could check if we're dealing with some kind of a conflict here?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.