[CoursePress Pro] Coursepress Out of Stock Issue

Hi, I need help with the Out of Stock Issue. When customer buys and pays with Paypal items go out of stock without reason.

Please help

Tyvm

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Vincenzo

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I see that you’re using CoursePress and MarketPress so I believe you didn’t create your products manually but you let CoursePress create them, is that correct?

If so, please try this for the start:

– go to the “CoursePress Pro -> Courses” page and edit the course

– expand the “Step 6 – Enrollment & Course Cost” section

– make sure that the “Course SKU” option is empty and an “Automatically generate Stock Keeping Untis (SKUs) option is checked”

– even if they already are set that way, click “Next” to update settings

– go to the “Store -> Products” page and find relevant course product on the list and edit it

– make sure that the Product Kind option is set to “Physical/Tangible Product” and that “Track Product Inventory” option is disabled

– even if they are already set that way, update the product anyway

– after that, if you got any cache installed on site or server, clear it and check if that still happens.

If yes, let me know please and also enable support access to the site so I could take a closer look at your setup. To do so, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support” page and click on “Grant support access” button there.

We’ll then access the site and investigate the issue further.

Best regards,

Adam

• Vincenzo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

thank you very much for helping me! I granted you site access so you can find the issue.

When an item is purchased (and I send email of confirmation, invoices…:wink: it goes out of stock (so do same category items!!!)

and also:

Items go out of stock (all of them) if I enter dashboard with my admin account and try to open the shop page.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Vincenzo,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your course and noticed that course availability is set to be from November 5th and it seems that’s what’s causing it to show as out of stock, since the course is not available.

If you go to edit your course and in “Step 4” set the start date to today or any pass date and update that and “Step 6” in order to update the product you should be able to sell your courses properly.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Vincenzo,

I can still see the issue on your /corso/roma-2018-criptomonete-e-blockchain/ course, and that one has the start date set for November.

If the course you were checking had a start date on this past weekend it might be that since the date kicked in the course is available now :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

• Vincenzo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Still here…sigh

Since this morning 7 am all the available products go out of stock with no reason again. It happened 5 times…frustrating…I guess there is a problem in the core services of WooCommerce maybe?

p.s. I leave access granted for further investigation.

Many thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Vincenzo

I actually just realized that there’s a proposed solution for this that was tested so it would be good if you could give it a try. Follow this post please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-product-out-of-stock#post-1237052

It involves replacing core files of the plugin so make sure that you got everything backed up up to date just in case, then give it a go.

Let me know then if it worked for you (this solution is still in “Beta” stage and has not been “accepted” to be included in a plugin so your feedback would be valuable).

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Vincenzo,

Could you provide us with your FTP or cPanel access so we can investigate this further on your installation and check why the patch didn’t work for you?

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Predrag Dubajic

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.