[CoursePress Pro] CoursePress Pro quiz colour

Hi,

I wonder if there is any chance to show in quiz results page the whole quiz but change the colour of selected wrong answers?

• Laura
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag,

This is in a situation when the student needs to pass a quiz to move to the next lesson, so for example, the student submits the quiz and fail so he/she gets to the result page. On this page, I want to show below the table with the results the whole quiz with selected by the student answers and for example, the correct selections will show in green colour and the wrong in red colours. Hope this makes sense.

Regarding the Forminator plugin, I never tried it. Is this functionality is available there?

Regards,

Laura

• Laura
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag,

This is in a situation when the student needs to pass a quiz to move to the next lesson, so for example, the student submits the quiz and fail so he/she gets to the result page. On this page, I want to show below the table with the results the whole quiz with selected by the student answers and for example, the correct selections will show in green colour and the wrong in red colours. Hope this makes sense.

Regarding the Forminator plugin, I never tried it. Is this functionality is available there?

Regards,

Laura

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the additional info, based on that Forminator will not do the trick due to conditions you need.

What you can do for now is to use Single and Multi Choice instead of quiz element because when you answer wrong there you will see which question was answered wrong and which one was right, and the wrong ones can be retaken if you allow retries for that module.

It would look like this:

Would that be something you're looking for?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Laura
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

That solution would take too much time for the course I am interested in implementing this feature for (85+ questions). Essentially, I would like the results page to display first the table that shows the quiz results then show the quiz below it with all of the questions and answers and highlight the incorrectly answered questions in red. My course website is for continued education in a highly technical scientific field. This demographic expects to understand why they got something wrong so it is important that we provide which questions and answers they got incorrect at a minimum so they can try again.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Laura

Thank you for this additional explanation.

Currently, the quiz element doesn’t work like that and what my colleague suggested would be a “workaround”. With the quiz element, there’s only an option to retry it (if it’s allowed in quiz settings) and a “summary” – number of failed and correct answers.

Changing this would require some serious changes in plugin’s code. I see that another Member, Steve, already also expressed his support for that feature so since this ticket is already in Features and Feedback section, let’s keep it open here so other Members could also vote for it.

As for the “for now” solution, I’ve asked our developers if there would be some other workaround than the one suggested by Predrag. I’d rather not make promises at this point but they’ll look into it and if only there’s any other way that would be more close to how you want that to work – we’ll update you here.

Best regards,

Adam

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hi Laura,

I hope you’re well today!

I have prepared a custom snippet which you can use as a guide here :

https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/d232a35eeae13dc950614ccf194fa24b

You can download a zip, unzip it and upload file cp-quiz-color.php to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If that folder doesn’t exist you can simply create it.

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read about them here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

or you can paste it in your child theme’s functions.php file.

After you active this, now we added a simple style in each question, or you can use these class to custom css by yourself:

.wpmudev-answer-pass and .wpmudev-answer-fail

Kind regards

Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.