[CoursePress Pro] CoursePress Pro Setup

Hi, for some reason my course that I have just created in CoursePress Pro ("Setting up your Business" ) does not look like it should in the front end. All it displays is the title, not the course overview, picture etc. Can you please tell me where I am going wrong? I'm not sure if it's a setting or something that I'm missing? Many thanks, Michelle

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michelle

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and I can see the issue there. The CoursePress setup and site configuration looks fine, there's no errors in browser console too so nothing suggests what can be causing this.

Most likely this is a conflict with either a theme itself or with one of the other plugins. An essential troubleshooting step in this case will be to run a full conflict test in order to identify the source of such conflict. To perform such test, plase:

1. switch all the plugins except CoursePress off
    2. switch site to Twenty Seventeen theme (site might start looking "broken" at this point but that's temporary only)
    3. check if the course is now displayed.

4. if yes, start switching plugins back on one by one, after each one checking if the course is still being displayed properly; if it breaks again at some point, the last enabled plugin right before that will be our culprit

5. if you managed to activate all the necessary plugins back and the course is still there, switch the theme back on and see if it goes away then; if it does, it will mean a conflict with a current theme.

Let me know about test results please and based on that we'll then see how to fix that.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Michelle

Hi Adam,

I hope you're having a wonderful day as well :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for looking into this for me, i really appreciate your help as this has now become an urgent matter!

I'm not very skilled in the back-end of websites, we actually had a website developer create our website. Is it possible for you to please run these tests, as I would be so worried about messing up the website and not familiar with running anything like this ????

I would really appreciate your help!!!

Many thanks,
    Michelle

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michelle,

It seems that the issue here is coming from your theme and the way it's calling for the page content, I have tested this on my end with the same them and can replicate the issue as well.

I did create a new file for single course page that seems to be working fine and I have attached it below.
    You can download the file, unzip it and place the single-course.php inside your child theme root folder.

This should do the trick but I would still suggest getting in touch with your theme developers to have a look at this and see if there's perhaps better approach to deal with this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michelle,

I'm afraid that we can't do this from the site admin as it required direct access to your files via either FTP or cPanel.
    But the steps to do this are quite simple so let me try explaining it in more detail and you let us know if you're still having troubles.
    1. Download the file I have attached in my previous response
    2. Unzip it on your PC so you're left with single-course.php file
    3. Access your WordPress files via FTP or cPanel
    4. Navigate to /wp-content/themes/healthcoach-child/ folder
    5. Upload single-course.php to that folder
    That's it, after that check the course page on your site and it should be loading fine now.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Michelle

Hi Predrag/Patrick,
    I'm sorry to say but the steps above are no help to someone who does not understand anything about the back-end of a website and I have wasted a ridiculous amount of time trying to google how to 'Access your WorPress files via FTP or cPanel'!!! I can not access them via cPanel and to do it via FTP, I needed to download FileZilla (which is completely foreign to me). I have attempted with the guide of a youTube video, but keep getting this response: 'You appear to be behind a NAT router. Please configure the passive mode settings and forward a range of ports in your router. Warning: FTP over TLS is not enabled, users cannot securely log in.' - so now I am left youtubing this, which I have not been able to find anything in layman's terms! I do not understand why you can not do this from the site admin as it required direct access to your files via either FTP or cPanel.'. It would be so much easier for you guys to fix this issue for me as it's something that you understand. I am really at a loss of where to go from here, can you please help!
    Many thank,
    Michelle

• Patrick Freitas

Hi Michelle

Don't worry :slight_smile:

Wouldn't you mind, please, send me some credentials, and I can take a closer look for you?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"

- FTP/SFTP credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:

- cPanel credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:

- Folder path to the site in question:

- Link back to this thread for reference

- Any other relevant URLs/info:

Please, reply to the ticket once you have sent the information.
    Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.