[CoursePress Pro] CoursePress Pro theme

I have a multi-site website and network activated the CoursePress theme on one of our sub sites. 2issues:

1. Why dont I see the theme in the /wp-content/themes/ I would like to create a child theme to manage the css, functions, etc.

2. I do not see theme options in "appearance >" Only Customize, which has very limited options.

Would you be able to help? Support is already enabled for a different issue I have with the site.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello gediweb

1. Why dont I see the theme in the /wp-content/themes/ I would like to create a child theme to manage the css, functions, etc.

The theme is integrated inside the plugin, that’s why the theme is not in the themes folder. You can copy the coursepress theme from /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/themes/ into /wp-content/themes/ folder.

2. I do not see theme options in “appearance >” Only Customize, which has very limited options.

That’s right, there is no theme option for the theme, you have to use the customizer. But if you need any specific customization, please feel free to let us know. We will help if the request is not beyond out support score :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• gediweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for you reply Ash ,

I do have a few questions.

1. So if I duplicate the themes folder in my /wp-content/themes/ , the changes I make there will override the core? So essentially it’s like a child theme?

2. How do I edit the course listing page ex: image to the left, description to the right.

3. How do I edit the layout of individual course pages

4. This is supper important for me right now. I have the first course set up and it’s paid. I also have MarketPress set up with the product. But when I look at the course, it does not show the enroll button. what am I doing wrong?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello gediweb,

1. So if I duplicate the themes folder in my /wp-content/themes/ , the changes I make there will override the core? So essentially it's like a child theme?

It's not child theme – it only a copy of a theme. If you make changes there, they will show up on site – because this is an active theme.

After the plugin update, the theme will stay intact. However, if new update will have changes also in the theme (like a fix for some issue) they will not be applied to theme copy you are using. And you will not be able to copy it over again without losing your changes.

You still need to make a child theme from that copied theme and make changes in a child theme.

2. How do I edit the course listing page ex: image to the left, description to the right.

You will need a custom CSS to do that change. Try this one:

.course_list_box_item.has-thumbnail .course-thumbnail {float: left;}
    .course_list_box_item .course-information {float: right; width: 80%;}

You can add that CSS to styles.css of a child theme. You might need to adjust the width value to fit your images.

3. How do I edit the layout of individual course pages

You need to use custom CSS or if those are changes that require a change of code, you will need to edit template files in the child theme.

4. This is supper important for me right now. I have the first course set up and it's paid. I also have MarketPress set up with the product. But when I look at the course, it does not show the enroll button. what am I doing wrong?

If right now there is no Enroll button, please check if your site allows for users to register in Settings -> General

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.