CoursePress Pro Courses Not Showing Up

Hi,
I am using the CoursePress Pro plugin to build my courses. I have built a course that has 11 units. I can see all 11 units fine, however I cannot manage to see the course. I have tried everything I can possibly find/read and think of, but nothing is working.
The basic issue is when I go to view the course I get the paragraph explanation, but not the units and the login and all the rest like the instructor details etc that should be with it. Basically if someone clicked on the course they would go no where because they would just get an explanation of what the course is, not the course is what I am saying.
Thanks for your help.

PS: You will see I had an issue recently with this plugin not showing content. I resolved this by deactivating marketpress plugin as I found that was causing a whole host of issues. I have once again gone through my plugins, but have not had any luck this time.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Johnathon,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've accessed your site and looked through its settings. The need to admin that it's quite a complex site and I wasn't able to fully understand the logic behind the "visit-sign-up-become-a member" workflow.

What I mean is that regardless whether I'm logged in as an admin or just a visitor, the site asks me to "become a VIP member". There's some kind of redirect that's bringing me to this landing page if I"m not logged in. If I'm logged-in, I can still see the button "Member login" as if I wasn't a member (which is surprising taking into the account the fact that I'm a site's admin at the moment).

Your CoursePress settings seem to be find but maybe you could shed some light on an entire registration/membership process of your site? I looked through the settings of the site but I still got a feeling that I'm missing something here so this would help me much!

Thanks and I'm looking forward for your replay!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Johnathon

Hello, thanks for your help.

Just on the redirects; we have two sections to the site a members area and a public area. The members area is not built with coursepress pro or any other WPMUDEV plugin. Every page on the site has a member login button on it and so if you are clicking on it you are going to be directed to it, but you are not going to be allowed access until you sign up.

The VIP Email Course is simply the lead magnet the anyone can sign up to just like the 10 others we run on the site like all the checklists and cheat sheets etc, etc.

Johnathon

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Johnathon,

Thanks for this explanation. I understand then that the course is not protected in any way and if I'm only logged-in I should be able to see "enroll" button and able to take part in the course, is that right?

It seems that the support access that you've previously granted has already expired (it's usually 72hrs valid by default) so would you mind re-granting it for me so I could take another look at your setup?

Thanks,
    Aadm

• Johnathon

Hi,

yes that's right; the Coursepress course has nothing at all to do with what we do on the other side of the side of the site.

The issue is that there should be a whole heap of information such as the login, information about the instructor (not just my normal sitewide author box), the unit information boxes etc all underneath the description of the course and for some reason nothing is coming up. It has me beat. Below is a picture of what I am talking about;

(I attached as file image)

Your access is once again good to go.

Thanks,

Johnathon

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jonathon,

Thanks for this explanation. I admit I was confused at first with the default site's workflow but it's clear now.

I've visited your site again and having in mind that I do not need to look for various member protection settings and similar I double-check CoursePress-related settings. Still no luck though.

However, I think what should be tested now would be plugin/theme conflicts. To test it, could you please first:

- switch to default Twenty Fifteen WP theme and check course site?

If this helps, then I'll know that's the theme that's blocking CoursePress display. If it doesn't work then there'll be a plugin test necessary and it could be performed by:

- disabling all the plugins at once
    - and then enabling them "one by one" starting with CoursePress each time checking for an issue.

This should help us identify the main culprit here and therefore help find a solution.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Johnathon,

I hope you're well and thank you for running this test, this surely gets us closer to the solution.

That said, I installed Yoast SEO on my own test setup but although I was able to confirm the issue on your site (I accessed it and deactivated YS temporarily, it's back on) I still wasn't able to replicate it on mine.

After running some more tests though I'm starting to thing that the issue is not exactly Yoast SEO itself here but it's a "Yoast SEO + Genesis Theme (child) + CoursePress" thing. So, I've tested this using some Genesis-based themes I was able to find but I'd like to dig a bit deeper.

That said, would you mind allowing me to access your site directly via FTP? I think you're using a custom theme so I'm not able to take a look into it other way. Of course I will not make any changes to your live site without your prior consent.

Could you please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- your site's WordPress admin login URL
    - admin login and password (may be a temporary account)
    - FTP credentials (hostname, username, password, port number if needed)
    - any other relevant URLs and information
    - link back to this thread

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.
    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @Johnathon!

I took a liberty of closing your other thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/attn-adam-czajczy-forexschoolonlinecom-plugin-issues

It will be still accessible for us to read but as it was, I believe, posted by mistake I decided it will be better to continue here as we did so far.

Let me know here once you send the message please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Johnathon

Hi,

Literally one minute after Kasia made the post I sent details through the "I have a different question" section of the contact form.

For some reason the link you sent me to above for the contact form kept sending me to a "U-turn" page (click it) and when you click for support in the members area you do not get any of the options you are suggesting or asking for.

When she gave me the contact link it worked and I sent it all through quite a while ago now.

Johnathon

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Johnathon,

Apologies for the long overdue on your thread, it somehow slipped through cracks.

I was doing some testing on my installation with the Genesis, your child theme, CoursePress and Yoast SEO but was unable to replicate this issue you are having.
    I'm guessing that the specific Yoast setting is causing this but the support access has expired so I was unable to check your settings and try applying the same on my installation.

Could you please grant support access again and reply here once we can have a look.
    I will subscribe to this thread to make sure it doesn't get missed for so long again.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Johnathon

Can I please get some help...

I have been chasing and going around in circles for weeks.

I get asked to send in information to support email which I do multiple times and I get confirmation that it has been received, but I still have to chase and chase and yet still no one gets back to me.

I have had to start other threads which are now closed and all I want to do is get some support for a plugin which I really like and want to use and it should not be causing this many issues.

Please can I get some help?

The major issue is like I have gone through above; The course information such as the course description, the instructor bio, the login for the course etc all does not show up. There is the heading and then my own side wide author bio.

I found by going through myself one plugin at a time, that the Yoast SEO plugin looks to be conflicting, but in saying that the Yoast plugin IS NOT THE PROBLEM as I will explain in just a moment. When I deactivate Yoast, the description, author bio, login etc all shows up.

I have been working with Yoast and about 60 other plugins for 4 + years now. However the moment I turn on Coursepress, I cannot login properly because my login URL comes up with a blank page and I start having other conflicts with plugins such as instapage and thrive themes.

Regards,

Johnathon

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Johnathon!

I'm sorry this is taking so long, it's a complex issue and is not that easy to diagnose.

I've accessed your staging site via SFTP and pretty much downloaded most of its plugins and its current theme to my private sandbox, then replicated settings available on you live site. Still, I wasn't able to replicate the issue in any part.

Going to run more tests, I double checked your e-mail and unfortunately, it seems there's no access credentials (apart aforementioned SFTP access) to its wp-admin area. According to WPEngine docs, all the accounts are replicated from live site so I'd have to have an admin-role account. If it came to subsciber or any lower-than-admin user role account I'd create a temporary account for my myself but I'm not able to create an admin account for me without your prior consent.

That said, could you please either

- confirm that I'm allowed to create myself an admin account on your live site and then re-create staging site

or

- create an admin account on your staging site for me yourself and share login and password for via e-mail (the same way as you contacted me previously)?

Thank you and I sincerely apologize for the delay once again!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Johnathon

Heya Adam,

thanks for the reply.

Did not think you would need WP access seen as you are already in the back end and in my WP.

As I have said above; the plugin is causing real problems for my WP login page which means the admin login comes up, but after you login you get directed to a blank page, rather than into the WP dashboard like you should. The only way around this is to go to another page on the site such as http://www.forexschoolonline.com/forex-videos/ and then click on the WP dashboard link on the top left that will show up once you are logged in from the drop down header/nav or tool bar.

You can create a WP admin. Please use the instructions above to login. PLEASE NOTE: The WP login URL is not at the normal URL. I will email it to you because it is changed to stop continual hack attempts so I am not going to post it here.

Please use the stage then push over to live if at all possible. It is the best one I have come across. It works super simply and just like the normal site, in other words you are operating in all normal functions, but it is the staging functions. (I am sure I am teaching my grandpa to boil eggs).

Anyway thanks and super looking forward to getting this up as I literally have 4 other courses ready to put into it as soon as it is fixed and the next is 28,000 words with over 100 pictures and videos.

Thanks,

Johnathon

PS: Sending the email with attention "Adam" right now.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Johnathon, Michael here!

I've tried to create my own WP Admin user, but have been unable to do so presently, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WP Engine access details (login address, username & password) - please send in all of these details, and ensure they work properly, so we can swiftly look into this
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.