[CoursePress Pro] Courspress Studnet Can't Get Certificate

Client can't get their certificate. We have withdrawn the student and enrolled (twice) the student and the course reflects that the student is getting the quiz correct and the reports, grades all say he is Certified (100%) in the database. But no certificate is issued – only a message is given that an instructor must review the results.

Course: V06P11

Student: JBean@dorchesterc… (search course students but omit the "…":wink:

We have enabled SUPPORT from Coursepress, please login and look.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Josh

I will need some more information.

Does it happen for the specific student or all students?

Also, would you please send me your admin login and cpanel details? Plus, is it possible to send that student’s login access?

You can send me privately in the following format:

1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

2. Select “I have a different question” if not selected

3. In subject line put “Attn-Ash” (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)

4. Provide the wanted details.

5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Josh

Yes, I can see the issue on your site. I have tried on different way but still can’t change it.

We have sent your issue to our second level support team. Please note that, they deal with more complex issues, so there might be little delay. We appreciate your patience on this.

Would you please send me your cPanel details so that our developer can deal with this issue? Send the information in reply to the email that I just sent.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Josh
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ash,

This is becoming a bigger issue.

We received an email this morning that yet another customer and another customer is having the same issue.

I know that you have sent this up to a 2nd level of support and that it is slow for response, but this issue is causing major problems now at the core of our customer business – specifically related to the CoursePress plugin. We need this expedited!

Please, is there something we can do to get this looked at right away?

Anxious,

Josh

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Josh ,

Could you activate the support access once more as it has expired? I checked the test site you shared, but it doesn’t include a course named V06P11. I did export a few courses but could n’t replicate that issue. I would like to export that course form your main site so I could import on my test site and try replicate the same issue there.

If you know about a course that has the same issue on the testing site, please let me know so could check that one instead.

Kind regards!

• Panos
    • SLS

So sorry I missed it Josh ,

It’s there indeed!

I had a look and it seems that student skipped the video, so the first unit was not marked as visited, so completion was at 50%. After I visited the first unit, logged in as that user, I can now see the download link in the completion page.

You can check if this is the case in your live site too and let us know if it is still happening even if all units have been visited.

Kind regards!

• Josh
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Panos,

Your response “…that student skipped the video” is what caused the student to be able to complete the course and get the result that an instructor must review? This also created a situation where the client didn’t get a completion page that shows a certificate download link that should get generated? Is this what you are saying happened?

If this is true, then I have more questions:

1. How would is the student supposed to know that the made an error? (skipped video that was required)

2. How do we (Site Owner/Instructors/ Dev’s using CPpro plugin etc) know that this happened?

3. What notifications and indicators are given us that leads us to the understanding and that we can validate it instead of opening tickets with WPMU?

FINALLY — Maybe most importantly — Within the Coursepress Plugin , how do we restrict users from skipping a module in a course?

Thank you

Josh

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Josh,

Your response "…that student skipped the video" is what caused the student to be able to complete the course and get the result that an instructor must review? This also created a situation where the client didn't get a completion page that shows a certificate download link that should get generated? Is this what you are saying happened?

Yes, on testing this further by Panos, the unit got skipped, and hence it was at 50%. Once he tried to visit the skipped unit with the student account, and completed it, the certificate link got created in the completion page.

Seems like support access to your site wasn't enabled anymore, so we couldn't give a closer look at how the units are configured in the Course side.

1. How would is the student supposed to know that the made an error? (skipped video that was required)

Users should normally see this under the /units page in the frontend, and also under Workbook page in the frontend, where they should be able to notice which all units are answered, and the progress.

2. How do we (Site Owner/Instructors/ Dev's using CPpro plugin etc) know that this happened?

You can find this under CoursePress Pro > Assessments page, where you could access the workbook of the students in backend, which should give more details about the course.

3. What notifications and indicators are given us that leads us to the understanding and that we can validate it instead of opening tickets with WPMU?

I'm afraid, there isn't any notifications regrading within the plugin side. The course units can be skipped accidentally, or intentionally, and there isn't any feature in the plugin regarding such use case.

You'll have to manually check the Assessment page as mentioned above, in case you have to check for any issues.

FINALLY — Maybe most importantly — Within the Coursepress Plugin , how do we restrict users from skipping a module in a course?

You'll have to make sure mark all the modules as "Required", and also enable "User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit" in the units, so such issues doesn't occur.

If you still have any further query regarding this, or issues. Please do enable support access, so that we could give a closer look at how all the units, and it's modules are configured.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.