Coursepress Pro - Create a conversation thread when sending feedback

Hi

We have coursepress pro installed and have it so that an instructor can feedback on work submitted for a module under assessment, like this here : https://cl.ly/2N1J1D1n4536 - the student is notified by email that a comment has been left for them to login and view.

However, the issue we have is when students want to question that feedback, they can only see it like this : https://cl.ly/2b1M383p1j14 in the green box, and can't reply to the comment via coursepress.

They have to then step out of the coursepress environment and email the instructor, the instructor is then struggling to keep track of what they said to whom, so have to refer back to the assessment message, then email the student back.

Is there any way to turn the assessment messages into a readable chain, where instructor can comment to student, and student can comment, ask questions, get a reply etc., and so on, so that all communication is in one place inside coursepress.

Or if it's not directly possible with current set up, is there some other way of tying in the feedback from an assessement into a two way message type environment? like adding a button there to then create a topic elsewhere within coursepress, or another wpmudev plugin like a support ticket?

Thanks

Shane

• Jude

Hi again ShaneR

Hope all is well with you !

This is not currently possible out of the box because of the way the plugin is built. That said I am marking a feature request on this and we can consider it depending on how many other members request something similar.

Also if you're interested I can check with the developers if there is an easy way to do this as I know from elsewhere you already have a developer in your team.

Is there any way to turn the assessment messages into a readable chain, where instructor can comment to student, and student can comment, ask questions, get a reply etc., and so on, so that all communication is in one place inside coursepress.

While we may not be able to give you actual code, we can give you pointers that may help save time / avoid dead ends if you choose to implement this.

Cheers
    Jude

• Jude

Hey ShaneR

Sorry about the delay here, I spoke to the developers about integrating this and their advice is to bit for a bit till CP 2.0 before making this change. CP 2.0 is going to be a lot more developer friendly and is around the corner from what I can deduce.

Doing this is CP 1.x is going to need you to rewite large chunks of the plugin core. Specifically the Discussion class and the associated template functions. Also the code under admin-pages/discussions.php needs to be changed based on how you add this feature.

Sorry I could not be of more help, have a great week ahead

Cheers
    Jude

• Valentijn L

HI
    Every time my students are updating a proces book like product in an assessment module all comments are reset.
    How to create a revision part within the module. So I can trace back comments?
    Now I have to create a backup note offline of notes system in order to track back former notes...
    This is relatively easy by adding a new comment and keeping older comments by assessments chronologically.

Valentijn

• Luís

Hi Valentijn L ,

Hope you're doing well today and sorry for the late reply.

If I understood well, when a student update the answer ("Submit different answer") the comment done in the previous answer is removed together with the comment, right?

How to create a revision part within the module. So I can trace back comments?

Unfortunately, this will require some custom code to achive it, but I think it would be a great feature to the CoursePress project, so, I can suggest you to create a separate topic under our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.