CoursePress Pro deletes Units/Answers

I started this on a previous thread and received no response. CoursePress Pro keeps deleting answers and units RIGHT after I go to save. Previously I had worked on several units, and then they disappeared a few days later. We talked to our host and increased the memory and the server, we’re on the current version. After looking up other threads and reviews, it looks like this is not a new problem — several versions have for years. Please help!!!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Dan,

Try adding this to your .htaccess:

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
    php_value max_input_vars 9999
    </IfModule>

If your max input vars limit on your php config is too low then it can also result in content not saving properly.

Can you also try setting your Units to “live”(you can keep the course unpublished) when saving. We’ve had reports of it sometimes not saving properly in draft mode, this is fixed for the upcoming update :slight_smile:

If you’re still experiencing any issues can you share the password to access your site? It looks like you have it locked behind another layer of authentication so I can’t use the support staff login.

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,

Tyler

• Dan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Dear Tyler,

So, it’s still deleting answers — we have made sure everything is up-to-date, increased the memory, set the Units to live before adding content and checked the max input, and added that to the .htaccess.

I started adding content to Course » Accessing and Sharing: Payer » Units – Security Policies, Procedures and Safeguards and had no trouble until Unit Page 7 when it would not save all five answers — as soon as it hit “save”, it deleted answers 2,3,4. I tried multiple times and even tried switching it up between multiple choice answers and single choice answers. It’s the same thing it did for Course » Understanding HIPAA » Units – with almost every Unit.

It’s like it gets to a certain amount of unit page content and deletes questions after that.

I will extend access, here are the additional login details needed.

username for flywheel: brittanydorner

email: brittany@esparkmedia.com

Password: CirithUngol77

Thank you!

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Dan ,

I took a look at your site and it looks like my colleague Tyler was on the right track, but I believe the mod is not enabled on your server.

Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase the max_input_vars to 9999

There were no errors when saving and actually when I was adding answers, on page 7 of Security Policies, Procedures and Safeguards, answer 2 got overridden by the next answer, so I am certain the issue is related to the input vars.

I hope this helps and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Dan

Our host, Flywheel, is using a NGINX server so there isn’t a .htaccess file but they said they have put this setting in place though on the server just in the designated way for NGINX servers.

Does that sound right?

• Dan

Update:

I previously stated it had been behaving in regards to not deleting pages from Units. So I had been continuing adding pages to Units and they had been saving. (I’m still having trouble with answers getting deleted on every Unit Page). Yesterday I finished a number of Units and ended under the “Post Assessment” Unit of “Course » Accessing and Sharing: Provider » Units”. I had written about 6/7 pages and they were fine as of yesterday, and then this morning all the pages were gone.

I know we are still working on the other problem as well, but I just wanted to update this.

Thank you!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Dan,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Could you please also ask your host to increase the max_post_size and max_upload_filesize as described in our blog article ?

This can be also the issue that your server does not allow submitting post data more than a specific limit.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.