CoursePress Pro - Disable Manual Enrollment

CDWeLearning.com is a membership site with all courses freely available to the paid members. How do I DISABLE the Enrollment process, so that signed-in members can select any course and begin it without having to "enroll"? We need a very simple pathway from logging in to take the courses.

We thought about only using the Membership plugin, but we want to be able to create structured courses (videos & quizzes) and monitor student's progress.

• Alex Stine

Hello Matthew Kilburn
    Hope you are well today!

You can follow these steps to disable manual enrollment. This way a student can click the button and start learning without approval from an Administrator.
    1. Login to WordPress Admin.
    2. Go to CoursePress > Courses > Edit for the course you want to change.
    3. Look for the section titled "Step 6 - Enrollment & Course Cost".
    4. Under "Who can Enroll in this course", select Anyone or Anyone who completed the prerequisite course from the drop down.
    5. Click Done.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

• -MK-

Thank you for your quick response. When following your instructions, I do not have the same options described in your example. Currently, these are the only options I have available in Section 6 (Enrollment & Course Cost):

Manually added only
    Members Only
    Members Only with a pass code
    Members Only who complete the prerequisite course

Note: I originally had the Membership Plugin activated, but have since disabled it.

• Alex Stine

Hello Matthew Kilburn
    Hope you are well!

I am really not sure why you are seeing these options with Membership2Pro deactivated. Could you please try deactivating CoursePressPro, deleting CoursePressPro, then reinstalling it from here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

All information is stored in the database so nothing should be lost. However, a backup is still recommended just to be on the safe side. We just launched our 10GB cloud hosted backups, perfect time to try them out at no extra charge.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

• -MK-

We got a bit off the mark from my original issue: Our's is a Membership site. So, once a person becomes a paid member, they are to have complete access to All Courses. We don't want them to have to then go through an "Enroll Now" step, as by being a member, they should already be enrolled.

I will have Course pages protected by Membership 2, so how do I completely disable the course enrollment process, so that once they login in, they can begin any/all courses without then having to enroll?

And while we are at it, how can I turn off the display of all items in the enrollment area of the Course, as follows:
    Course Dates: Open-ended
    Enrollment Dates: Enroll Anytime
    Who can Enroll: Anyone
    Course Language: English
    Price: FREE

• Alex Stine

Hello Matthew Kilburn
    Hope you are well today!

I am sorry, but at this time, this is not currently possible. You could enroll all membership subscribers to a membership, but this would be lots of work. If you need this feature, I recommend posting a job to our Jobs & Pros board. Note, WPMU DEV staff do not work over on that board, please use caution when choosing a developer.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Cheers,

• -MK-

Thank you for the reply, Alex, but as I have found in pouring through this support forum: this ability to better integrate the Membership 2 gateway with the CoursePress Pro LMS is being requested over and over. There is a large call by those setting up paid Membership sites for our members, once subscribed/paid, to have automatically access the courses. An additional step to enroll in each individual class - with popup and email - is both irritating and a point of confusion for our members...generating an almost constant flow of tech support inquiries on the topic.

Your plugin, Membership 2, allows trainers to open up a training site to our members, and CoursePress Pro should be better integrated.

This is NOT a request for additional functionality. It is a request for the ability to turn functions and displays OFF (hide/disable), namely: enrollment, instructor, course dates, enrollment dates, who can enroll, course language and price. These things do not apply to the vast majority of trainers looking to build a site.

This attitude of inflexibility is discouraging.

• Alex Stine

Hello Matthew Kilburn
    Hope you are well today!

I had a little chat with our Second Level Support (SLS) team and they created this code snippet, could you please give it a try? You can add it to functions.php or to a mu-plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/installing-mu-plugins-2/

add_action( 'ms_model_event_paid', 'wpmudev_ms_enroll_cp', 10, 2 );
    function wpmudev_ms_enroll_cp( $event, $type ){
    	$student = new Student( $event->user_id );
    	/*$membership_courses = array(
            '23' => array( 38,42 ),
            '36' => array( 70,88,123 )
    	);*/
    	//We want to enroll to all courses. In case there should be specific coursesfor specific membership, use array like above
        $membership_courses = array();
        $args = array();
    	if( !empty( $membership_courses ) ){
    	$courses_to_enroll = isset( $membership_courses[ $event->membership_id ] ) ? $membership_courses[ $event->membership_id ] : array();
    	$args = array(
    	'post_type' => 'course',
    	'post__in' => $courses_to_enroll
    	);
    	}
    	else{
    	$args = array(
    	'post_type' => 'course'
    	);
    }
    	$courses = get_posts( $args );
    	foreach( $courses as $course ){
    	$student->enroll_in_course( $course->ID );
    	}
    }

Please let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

• -MK-

That seems to have done the trick (for the most part). Many thanks!

As previously stated, I have seen a lot of people posting the same question, so please submit this as a feature request for an upcoming revision of CoursePress Pro: 1) To auto-enroll students based on their Membership, and 2) Be to able to turn off the display of lines like:

Course Dates: Open-ended
    Enrollment Dates: Enroll Anytime
    Who can Enroll:
    Anyone
    Course Language:
    English
    Price: FREE

• Alex Stine

Hello Matthew Kilburn
    Hope you are well and glad the code helped!

If you would like assistance hiding that text you wrote out above, please let me know.

For the feature request, I recommend you open one over here so our members can vote on this idea with +1. :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question

Hope this helps!

Cheers,