Coursepress Pro - discussion module as assessment?

Hi there

Is it possible to have a discussion module appear as an assessable item? We'd like our students to share their responses, but also keep track of those responses rather than manually sifting through the discussion forum and store the record elsewhere.

Further to this, the current discussion module sequentially lists responses. With ~75 students, this will get very long very quickly! Is there a way to condense this on the page?

Cheers
Adrian

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Adrian,

I'm afraid CoursePress does not have those options at the moment.

Discussion module can be only required, but not Assessable. This sounds interesting so I will move that thread to Features and Feedback forum.

Is there a way to condense this on the page?

That would require custom coding I'm afraid - what kind of condensation you have in mind?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• AdrianB
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Kasia, looking forward to seeing discussion as assessment being implemented.

Condensing the discussion forum thread on a page might be a variation on an accordion / iframe where only the most recent posts display but you can explore other comments without the thread taking up the whole page.

Cheers
    Adrian

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi AdrianB,

Condensing the discussion forum thread on a page might be a variation on an accordion / iframe where only the most recent posts display but you can explore other comments without the thread taking up the whole page.

This would require editing the core plugin file, and a lot of custom coding to achieve this. Thanks for explaining further, the more members who +1s this thread, the more it'll be considered for development.

If you are looking to get this implemented faster, you could check our Jobs Board in order to hire a professional, however please do note that the members found in the Jobs & Pros are individuals, and doesn't have any affiliate with WPMU DEV.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.