Coursepress Pro does not save units

I have started adding units to my new course. Added a few elements, clicked "Save" under the elements, clicked "Save" under the unit. Then I visit the list of courses and see that I have 0 units. Repeated multiple times: clicking "Save" makes the site think for a second, looks like success, but units are not saved.

Previewing changes works fine.

Another bit of information: interestingly, I also see 0 units in the default course " Aenean auctor nec magna sed mattis", even though I do not remember deleting the 3 units that were there originally.

Using CoursePress Pro v 1.2.6.7 in Wordpress 4.4.1.

• Andrey
    • Flash Drive

Update: turns out, units are saved successfully if I toggle the switch from "Draft" to "Live" before clicking "Save". After the unit is saved in this way, I can toggle it back to "Draft", and it will survive. So it looks like I have a work-around, but it still looks like a bug or an issue in my installation, and I am worried about losing all my work later on. Help will be much appreciated!

• Geoffrey
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Units are saved but the page contents are not saved.

I add pages to the unit but after saving the page reloads with a message that no content has been added to this page yet.

How so?

I added content before saving the unit!

This is the most frustrating WordPress plugin I have ever used. Promising heaven and delivering hell!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Andrey, Michael here!

I can replicate your situation over on my own test site, and have reported this to the developer. I should note, though, that the work wasn't actually lost... but thanks to the way it was saved, you could only find the unit again & edit it if you a direct link to the edit page for it.

Try going through the steps again in a new course, but after saving the unit, copy the link to the page. Paste that into another tab in your browser, and you'll be greeted with the unit information you worked on before.

Your workaround will ensure that a unit's always visible for editing, though, so that'll keep the workflow moving along smoothly. Just wanted to elaborate here, to assure you that your work wasn't lost. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hello there @Andrey,

Hope you are doing well.

Just want to let you know that this issue is fixed in the next version which will be released soon.

Unfortunately, I can't provie a quick patch because it depends on several other changes that need to be fully tested.

Thanks for your patience,
    José

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.