Coursepress pro improvements and bugs

Hey guys,

After spending some days to play with coursepro, here some improvements and bug i have noticed :

1) There's no "sign" to alert students about a new notification on the front end. If they do not visit the tab, they miss the info. It seems logical that they dont gonna check out the notifications tab as we check out our emails :slight_smile:

2) There's no "sign" to alert students and teachers about questions/answers in the discussion tab. Also, a teacher cant answer to students if he's not enrolled in the course. And even if he's enrolled in the course, he will have to check discussion tab again and again because of "no-sign" issue.

3) There's no sign or notification for students when the teacher corrects the assessments. So the student need to check everytime also.

4) the "** non assessable element" appear in each and every units, even if there's no assessment at all. It make senss to display it only when there's a non-assessable element in the unit.

5) I found a really minus but vicious bug :slight_smile: Its about the box "limit attempts". So create a unit, then add a file upload element for example, tick the box to limit attempts and save. Now, if you change the number of attempts and save, the saving untick the box automatically. If you have 30 units like me to setup, and you just dont watch out everything to speed up a little bit, you will have to redo the hole process again :slight_smile:

I know that sometimes, you feel discouraged by such a message but thats really not my goal ! You are doing a huge job guys :wink:

Take care

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Mehdi,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

1) There's no "sign" to alert students about a new notification on the front end. If they do not visit the tab, they miss the info. It seems logical that they dont gonna check out the notifications tab as we check out our emails :slight_smile:

2) There's no "sign" to alert students and teachers about questions/answers in the discussion tab. Also, a teacher cant answer to students if he's not enrolled in the course. And even if he's enrolled in the course, he will have to check discussion tab again and again because of "no-sign" issue.

3) There's no sign or notification for students when the teacher corrects the assessments. So the student need to check everytime also.

I have made this to the attention of plugin developer so he will reply here about this ASAP and if it's not doable for now then we'll move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

4) the "** non assessable element" appear in each and every units, even if there's no assessment at all. It make senss to display it only when there's a non-assessable element in the unit.

I don't find it so could you please share the screenshot of it?

5) I found a really minus but vicious bug :slight_smile: Its about the box "limit attempts". So create a unit, then add a file upload element for example, tick the box to limit attempts and save. Now, if you change the number of attempts and save, the saving untick the box automatically. If you have 30 units like me to setup, and you just dont watch out everything to speed up a little bit, you will have to redo the hole process again :slight_smile:

I could confirm the issue on my test site using latest version of CoursePress Pro plugin therefore i have notified the plugin developer about it so that it can be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Mehdi

Hi Vinod,

thx for getting back quickly ! Ok, so im gonna wait for this and please consider that these things are very important for elearning experience. I have a one year elearning experience with about 300 students so im not telling you this just for the sake of telling :slight_smile:

As for the non assessable elements, you can go to a course on the dashboard, workbook tab and you will see it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.