Coursepress Pro is messing up my Wordpress code throughout the site

Hi Folks,

I'm using WP 4.1 with a theme called Awake 3.6.

A few weeks ago I installed Coursepress Pro and since then all my wordpress pages have become difficult to edit.

My home page code has become one continuous, unbroken mass of code—very difficult to read. The code also seems to self-generate a lot of break and paragraph codes that I did not put there, like these:
</p><p> </p><p> </p> These codes throw off the spacing. I have to go into the code and delete them in order to make the page lay out correctly using the shortcodes that have always worked perfectly. See http://www.ucsf-ahp.org

I deactivated CourePress and now everything is working correctly. I can attach screenshots of my code when working correctly, and how looks when Courspress is activated.

I'm turning on support access so you can take a look if you want.

Thanks a million!
Lisa

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of CoursePress plugin and found it's working fine. This may be happening on your site due to theme/plugin conflict that you are using on your site.

I can see you are using older version of CoursePress Pro plugin so could you please try using latest version of?

I logged in to your site and found the CoursePress Pro plugin is deactivated now so would you mind if i temporary activate it to see the issue or do you have any other development site to test it?

It would be helpful if you share the screenshots of the issues.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Lisa

Hi Vinod,
    Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, you may go in and turn on the CoursePress Pro plugin.

Here's something else odd—I tried to update that plugin last week and it wouldn't update. In fact I had to get someone from tech support on your end to do it for me. So, I was very surprised when I saw that I was still getting a message that said it wasn't the current version. In fact, I have it set to update automatically, but it never does.

Please feel free to go in an poke around.

Many thanks!
    Lisa

• Lisa

Hi Vinod,
    It appears that the new version of CoursePress has solved the problem. YAY!! Just so you don't think I'm nuts, I'm attaching 2 screenshots.
    The "good code" image shows how I set up the home page.
    The "bad code" image shows how it would look after I saved the page.
    Deactivating the earlier version of CoursePress solved the problem (I had already tried all my other plugins). Now the problem seems resolved and I get to keep using CoursePress. Very happy.
    Thanks for all!
    Lisa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.