[CoursePress Pro] Jquery problem

Hi there, when i set the asks in the course, in the radio question i had this output:

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: input[name=module[1240]]

at Function.fa.error (jquery.js:2)

at fa.tokenize (jquery.js:2)

at fa.select (jquery.js:2)

at Function.fa (jquery.js:2)

at Function.a.find (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)

at n.fn.init.find (jquery.js:2)

at n.fn.init.a.fn.find (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)

at jQuery.fn.init.n.fn.init (jquery.js:2)

at jQuery.fn.init.a.fn.init (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)

at new jQuery.fn.init (scripts.js:205)

fa.error @ jquery.js:2

fa.tokenize @ jquery.js:2

fa.select @ jquery.js:2

fa @ jquery.js:2

a.find @ jquery-migrate.min.js:2

find @ jquery.js:2

a.fn.find @ jquery-migrate.min.js:2

n.fn.init @ jquery.js:2

a.fn.init @ jquery-migrate.min.js:2

jQuery.fn.init @ scripts.js:205

n @ jquery.js:2

(anonymous) @ scripts.js:3025

dispatch @ jquery.js:3

r.handle @ jquery.js:3

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Diego Díez Corral

I can’t replicate the issue on my test site. So, it may also happen if you have plugin conflict.

Would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Diego Díez Corral,

Extremely sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Just to be sure, you meant it works fine when you switch to a default WordPress theme, and the issue exists with the current theme you have?

If yes, could you please share us your websites credentials, so that we could give a closer look, and see whether there is any workaround that could be applied.

Also, please do share a screenshot on which exact instance you notice the issue, so that it would help us in having a better idea about the issue.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Diego Díez Corral,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I accessed your site, and created a test user name “wpmutest”, and tested with the “Advanced energy performance indicators” course, and could notice the error in the browser console:

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: input[name=module[3906]]

To double check whether it’s something which I could replicate in my side, I exported the course into my localhost, and I couldn’t replicate the same issue.

That’s there isn’t any error as seen in console, and I could select the radio buttons without any issue, and progress to the next course module.

Such issues occurs, ie especially the “Syntax error” message when there is a conflict. Is this a live site? Is it possible for you to quickly disable all the plugins in your system, except CoursePress Pro, and see whether you could still replicate the same?

If you still notice the same issue, maybe switch to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNinteen, and then check whether you get the same issue, or not?

Running the conflict test would give a better idea where the issue is located, please check the following flowchart for more info:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

If you are comfortable with us running the conflict test, please do let us know so that we could troubleshoot it further. I didn’t perform it without asking your permission.

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Diego Díez Corral,

It seems like a premium theme, so we'll have to test, and see what exact is causing this. I tried to access the FTP login, but I'm getting the following screen:

I'm not able to browse past the current path seen in the screenshot, nor I could find any folder within the current path, where I could access the site.

Could you either share the Theme zip copy via the contact form the same way as done before with credentials:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-pro-jquery-problem#post-1373623

Or please correct the FTP login path, so I could download the theme, and test in our side, and check whether there is any workaround that we could suggest.

Looking forward to your response on how you would like to troubleshoot this further. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Diego Díez Corral,

Thanks for sending in the credentials, on giving a closer look, the conflict happens within the themes files. The theme was loading an outdated jQuery Migrate library in it’s own way which was causing the issue.

I have updated that script located under:

/wp-content/themes/converio/js/scripts.js

You should see the old file in the same folder renamed as old-scripts.js file. Once I have updated the file with jQuery Migrate v 1.4.0 which seems to be compatible with your theme version, the radio buttons now works fine.

The issue is more related to the theme not being up-to-date, would highly recommend you to bring this into your theme authors attention, so that this could be looked upon.

For the time being, the changes made to the scrits.js file should be good. Please check, and let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.