CoursePress Pro Login and Signup Errors

Hello! We are having issues with CoursePress Pro. We wanted to make sure it worked so we logged in to an incognito window to see what it would be like for new students.

You click on the products and select the one you want to buy, then it takes you to checkout. It asks you to login or continue as a guest.

However, there is NO place to create an account — therefore rendering login as useless to anyone not already registered.

So, you click continue as guest. But if you do NOT select “Register as New User” at the very bottom of the page (which, a lot of people could miss or simply opt not to do because it could be seen as an extra step). So, if they do create a login then it goes relatively smooth, they get an email, they can take the course.

If they DON’T they DO NOT get an email, and cannot login to the dashboard to see all the courses!

If we go into Store settings and make logging in required, you can not only register as a new user, you can’t even buy courses.

Are we missing something or is there a problem? We are granting support access.

Thank you!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dan,

Please check this thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/registrate-form-in-marketpress-checkout#post-1022693 it describes how to force registration before going to checkout.

It is simple solution that base on fact that users in order to add course to cart from course page have to register (and login) – so it will not allow them to add course from product list – they will have to inside course and only the add it to cart.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hope you’re well?

The way the integration was designed is that users would sign up to the course by using the /courses page to view the courses, when they hit the sign up button, it then asks them to enter their registration details. Once completed, they get redirected to the check out in order to pay.

I see your point though regarding force login and having no registration form. I actually think this is abug, I’msure I remember there used to be a toggle form there, otherwise why does it say Login/Register. I will add this for the developer to look at.

what we can do as a workaround though, if you disable forced login, I can give you some code to add to functions.php which will automatically check the box for register user, so a user can’t mistakenly not check the box.

If you add the following to your theme functions.php

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'wpmudev_cp_autocheckbox' );
    function wpmudev_cp_autocheckbox() {
    ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery( document ).ready( function(){
            jQuery( "input[name='enable_registration_form']" ).attr('checked', 'checked');
        });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.