CoursePress Pro + MarketPress + Memberships Pro Question / Idea

Hello,

On the site, we have CoursePress Pro primarily checking out through Marketpress. We need one of the Courses to be a Monthly/Yearly Subscription through Memberships Pro. Here is how we are proposing doing this. Do you have any thoughts, ideas, best practices? Thank you!

1. Create All Courses as Memberships and also leave them in MarketPress.

2. Use URL Restriction Add On to restrict access to the course urls

3. Create a hook that checks when a user logs in to check whether or not the user already belongs to a course and add them as a user to that course in Memberships Pro.

Let me know what you think. I am open to any ideas. Basically we want ONE course to be a yearly or monthly option and the rest of them to be in MarketPress.

Thank you!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jessica,

Membership 2 pro has add-on for Custom Post Types so you can use it to protect courses instead of the url protection.

You would need to have your membership courses separated than the MarketPress courses because then Membership will protect those courses and they will be not avaliable for MarketPress users (they will still need to be members of those memberships).

CoursePress allows you to duplicate course you already have, so you dont need to create them from scratch.

So you would need to have separate courses that will be available for MarketPress – those will be paid courses.

Then you need to have free courses that will be protected by Membership – so to gain access to those courses users will have to be members of those membership (in this case they will pay for membership).

kind regards,

Kasia

• Jessica
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hmmmm – I am aware of Custom Post Types and I think we are talking about the same thing.

I am now wondering…. What if I just use URL protection on the ONE course that I want to be membership. So let’s say “Summer of Love” is the course (below) and I restrict the below url, then they won’t be able to get into it unless they are a member. I really just need it for this one situation and it’s fine if there are two processes for signing up. Thoughts?

http://whereismyguru.staging.wpengine.com/student-courses/summer-of-love/units/

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jessica,

I am now wondering…. What if I just use URL protection on the ONE course that I want to be membership. So let’s say “Summer of Love” is the course (below) and I restrict the below url, then they won’t be able to get into it unless they are a member. I really just need it for this one situation and it’s fine if there are two processes for signing up. Thoughts?

If you set this one course as free and protect with Membership then it will work. You have to remember that if you set course to be paid (in course settings) it will automatically show up in MarketPress – and if you also protect this course with Membership then there will be conflict – users will buy course in MarketPress but because they not members they wont have access to it.

So this one course should be free and protected by Membership – then only members will be able to get to it and there will be no conflict with MarketPress.

And there will be two different ways to checkout on your site – MarketPress and Memebrship 2 Pro are not integrated in way that allows them to share one checkout process.

Let me know if you still need any further assistance here

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jessica,

1. Is there any plan to combine MarketPress & Memberships?

At this moment there are no such plans.

2. How do I hide the “Free” button on the front end?

This will be tricky one because free course doesnt have special class that will allow us to do that very easily. You would need to use course ID and CSS:

.course-cost-5205,
    .course-cost-5205 .mp_product_price {display: none;}

You can

a) add it to the child theme style.css file

b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

5205 has to be replaced with your free course ID.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.