CoursePress Pro + Membership 2 Pro - Best way to manage access to dripped content

Hello, I have both plugins installed. The membership is based on dripped content.

1. When I add a member to a monthly fee-based membership (from admin with no payment), is their membership "renewed" every month automatically?

2. When a course is protected by M2, are the units, pages, questions, videos, downloads, etc. automatically protected or do I manually have to go into Protection Rules and protect every single piece of the course?

3. I have a monthly membership where I only want members to gain access to courses and content in posts and pages from the day they join forward. For course protection, would it work as I'd like it to if I select the option for the course to have no end date (so that as long as they had access originally, they could access it forever) and set enrollment dates specific to the month. For example, for October's courses the enrollment dates would be October 1-31st, November's courses the enrollment dates would be November 1-30th, etc.

4. In doing #3, would they be responsible for actually starting the course in order to maintain access?

• Sajid

Hi @Christina

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

1. When I add a member to a monthly fee-based membership (from admin with no payment), is their membership "renewed" every month automatically?

Yes, when there is not payment then it should renew automatically after each payment cycle.

2. When a course is protected by M2, are the units, pages, questions, videos, downloads, etc. automatically protected or do I manually have to go into Protection Rules and protect every single piece of the course?

When you protect a course then it will protect course detail, discussions, workbook and notificactions. But if some one have direct link to units page then it will be displayed. You have to protect each unit separately.

However I would suggest you to protect units with URL Protection Add-on this way each and every thing will be protected if its URL contain the course name. For example I have a course with slug "aenean-auctor-nec-magna-sed-mattis" and protected it with URL Restrictions. Then added this slug in "Add new URL Address" field.

For number three and four if you protect it with Membership 2 Membership then you should set no enrollment date and no start/end dates. Students can enrol any time by purchaing or signing up the membership. Then they will have access until for a month from the date they started.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Christina

Thanks so much!

Re: your response to #3 and #4... are you saying that using your method they would only have access to content for 30 days and then they would no longer have access?

When they join, I don't want them to have access to past content, only content added from their join date forward. How can I accomplish that?

Also, will using the URL protection also protect the media linked to in the course?

• Sajid

Hi @Christina

Re: your response to #3 and #4... are you saying that using your method they would only have access to content for 30 days and then they would no longer have access?

I assumed you have a dripped content membership. In this case they would have access the the cotent the way you setup for each course you protected and set its visibilty in reveal content column on protections rules. As seen in screenshot. So yes, if you have a membership duration setup for 30 days then they would not have access after that period unless its a recurring membership.

When they join, I don't want them to have access to past content, only content added from their join date forward. How can I accomplish that?

I don't think its doable with current functionality of CoursePress or Membership 2 pro.
    If you want it this way then you have to customize either CoursePress or Membership 2 pro plugin. You can hire a third party plugin from custom jobs development board.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Also, will using the URL protection also protect the media linked to in the course?

If the media files URL contain the name of course with what you have setup protection as stated in my above reply then yes, it will protect media too. For example if you protected "aenean-auctor-nec-magna-sed-mattis" and your image URL is like below.
    http://yoursite.com/uploads/2015/10/3/image-aenean-auctor-nec-magna-sed-mattis.png

Or video URL is like this one:
    http://yoursite.com/uploads/2015/10/3/video-aenean-auctor-nec-magna-sed-mattis.mov

Then yes, it would protect those as well. If the slug is not in the URLthen you have to protect each media individually by enabling "Media Protection" Addon.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Or feel free to post a reply if needed.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @Christina

Oops, I missed that part. I am sorry URL protection does not have dripped content reveal column. So URLs can be protected by reveal content method.

However you can protect courses and units of course in a dripped content membership, instead of URL Protection.

I am sorry the screenshot did not come through in my last reply so here you go:

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.