[CoursePress Pro] multiple users under one account

I'm looking to create a site using CoursePress Pro. I was wondering if the plugin allows multiple users under the same account?

For example, a parent purchases an account and has 3 children. The parent would like each child to have their own account.

Will CoursePress Pro allow for something like this?

• Rupok

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your question. CoursePress pro follows the user management system of WordPress. WordPress doesn't support multiple users under one user account by default. But, in your example, the parent can create four user accounts (one for him and three for the children) on your WordPress website and enroll in your courses with all those three accounts. In this way, he can help his children to get enrolled in your courses.

Please let me know if you have any confusion or if I missed anything. We will be very glad to help further.

Regards,
    Rupok

• Kevin

Thank you Rupok.

I'm trying to envision the sales flow for this, however.

Would I need to use a separate plugin that would allow a customer to purchase a course, and then have the ability to create a certain number of user accounts that can enroll in the course?

I'm trying to think of the simplest way for the customer. So if say a parent purchases the course and wants to create accounts for their children it could be done very simply for them.

Also, I don't think I would want a customer to be able to create unlimited user accounts. Is there a way to specify how many accounts they can create?

Would I need to use a Membership plugin of some sort in combination with the CoursePress plugin?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kevin,

I'm afraid none of our plugins allows for multiple accounts tied to one account or creating more accounts bye another account without permissions.

I'm not really sure how this could be achieved without a big amount of custom code - like for example creating a form that would also allow putting a data for those subaccounts and then create them and also subscribe them to course.

What my colleague Rupok said would be possible if the parents account had capabilities to a) create new accounts b) capabilities to enrol accounts into the course.
    But that still requires custom coding to create such account and then also code for limiting those account to the number of subaccounts they can create.

Or you can manually create subaccounts after the parents' requests.
    Because other than that, there is really no other way.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.