CoursePress Pro Not Creating New Courses

I am using CoursePress Pro version 1.2.2.9 and Wordpress version 4.0.1. I just bought and have been unable to configure CoursePress becuase I can't create a new course, the browse image button does not work, and neither does the next button. Screenshot attached. Please help so I can use this plugin. Thank you.

• Michael Bissett

Hi @Chris, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Just to be thorough, have you checked to see that another plugin isn't interfering here?

And could you enable Support Access, so that I can have a closer look here? :slight_smile:

Or, instead of enabling Support Access, could you send in:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hi @Chris, thanks for your patience here, and thanks for doing that testing! :slight_smile:

In addition to checking for a plugin conflict, could you check to see if your theme's conflicting here by temporarily switching to the default Twenty Fourteen theme?

It's possible that it's due to the theme, as it looks like a JavaScript error is taking place on the Course Edit page.

As for that issue with creating courses, could you replace the following inside of your wp-config.php:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

With this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors',0);

And try creating a course again? And after doing that, could you post the results of the log file here please?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Chris

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried checking if my theme's conflicting by temporarily switching to the default Twenty Fourteen theme. The problem remained the same as initially described.

Here is the content of the Debug log after trying o add a new course. I can't see anything related to CoursePress:

[09-Dec-2014 01:34:59 UTC]
    --------------------------------------
    REQUEST: /wp-content/uploads/FCKFiles/image//oct09zmoimages/PakMap1-Big.jpg

[09-Dec-2014 01:35:01 UTC]
    REQUEST: /wp-content/uploads/FCKFiles/image/oct09zmoimages/PakMap1-Big.jpg

[09-Dec-2014 01:35:02 UTC]
    REQUEST: /wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1418088902.2213308811187744140625

[09-Dec-2014 01:35:22 UTC]
    REQUEST: /zmagazine/apocalypse-now-by-ben-schreiner/

[09-Dec-2014 01:35:38 UTC]
    REQUEST: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

[09-Dec-2014 01:35:39 UTC]
    REQUEST: /wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1418088939.3270249366760253906250

[09-Dec-2014 01:35:40 UTC]
    REQUEST: /znet

[09-Dec-2014 01:35:43 UTC]
    REQUEST: /znet/

• Ash

Hello @Chris

Please keep support access active during the ongoing issue :slight_smile:

I saw your email that, you have run a plugin conflict test. Just a quick question, did you try with default WP theme? It might be a conflict with your theme?

Also, would you please right click on Chrome browser > select inspect element > select console tab > refresh the page > try to add media or click on Next button and check if any error is shown in the console.

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Chris

Hi Ash, Thanks for your reply. I have tried checking if my theme's conflicting by temporarily switching to the default Twenty Fourteen theme. CourPress experiences the same problem with the Twenty Fourteen theme as with my theme.

I have tried inspecting the page in Chrome as you requested. Here are the errors I get:

- Uncaught ReferenceError: wp is not definedcoursepress-admin.js?ver=4.0.1:1097 (anonymous function)load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils,jquery…:3 m.event.dispatchload-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils,jquery…:3 r.handle
    coursepress-courses.js?ver=4.0.1:838

- Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not definedcoursepress-courses.js?ver=4.0.1:838 validateCourseFieldscoursepress-courses.js?ver=4.0.1:1161 (anonymous function)load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils,jquery…:3 m.event.dispatchload-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils,jquery…:3 r.handle

• Ash

Hello @Chris

This is really an odd issue. Do you have any caching installed in your server?

I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Also, would you please send your admin login and ftp login so that the developer can check right away?

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

Cheers
    Ash

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @Chris,

I see that we having a 500 error code, which mean some issue with PHP. I will need more information for further debug, Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @Chris,

I hope you are well today.

After debugging your site, the reason why it's not work is your site already run out of memory, and the CoursePress add new course page, cannot render full page, and it's causing some javascript libraries can not load => the error you got.

Your hosts only allow for 128MB of memory, so I think you will need to upgrade for more resources, or you less plugins.

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @Chris,

I hope you are well today and I do apologize for the delay.

I'm working with the lead developers of this plugin, we got an error in the Add new course page, but I'm not sure why there's no error output, or logs about the errors in WordPress admin, so the debug becomes harder to find out.

If you can enable the display_errors in your php.ini, that will help a lot.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Rheinard

Hi @Chris,

From your errors above it seems like you are not using the standard WP editor (TinyMCE). My guess is that you are using CKEditor?

Because we need to integrate with the editor (or no editor at all) to make the autoupdate features work, CoursePress is not compatible with other alternate editors.

Your bug did highlight another issue that will be fixed in 1.2.3.7. Once we push out this update you will be able to create courses with the visual editor turned off.

We will add CKEditor as a feature request but cannot give you any estimates on this as this will be the first request.

A sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Rheinard

• Chris

Hi Ashok. It seems this problem is still plaguing me then becuase the option that you are providing me does not work nor does it display like your screenshot. So far I have tried to fix this by:

1. turning off all pugins to see if there is a conflict
    2. trying courspress with a default wordpress theme to determine if the conflict is with my theme
    3. In creased my server memory to handle all required processes.

None of these have worked and the problem is still there.

I have given WPMDEV the:

- login to my site
    - my FTP credentials
    - CPanel credentials

Is there going to be more to try and help me fix this?

Thank you,
    Chris

• Jose

Hi there @Chris,

Hope you are doing great today.

According to the lead developer, there is a fix in the latest version that should allow you to work just fine without using the visual editor.

Using another editor will not work. It was added to the feature requests lists but there are no ETA.

If you need to build an alternate editor integration in the short term, then you may want to look for a proffesional in our job board. The 'coursepress_editor_compatibility' action can be used to achieve this.

Please let us know if you still have issues with the non-visual editor.

Thanks,
    Jose