Coursepress Pro Now Completely Worthless. Broken. Unable to create.

Ok. so now, not only does export/import not work, but now I am unable to create a course, rendering this plugin completely worthless, and wasting my development time. I really expect premium products to perform at a MUCH better level than this. Has WPMUDEV stopped quality checking their plugins now that they are are in the server business? I am sorry for being a butthead, but this is really upsetting. I am already so far behind on this project, and this new issue is now going to put me another weekend behind. Uuugh. I created a video to show you how Units will not create. [removed]
-------------
This version should play in your browser instead of having to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlRohHSfYPFSmYtY1dNdnFDVkE/view

• caramiame
    • Flash Drive

Hey You! It helps to hit the threads sometimes, I don't know if you know. I am installing several things today and three or four of them have had patches to answer other support issues of the last few days. CoursePress has a patch, you never know, it may be just what you need. It wouldn't hurt to try it until they can get to you. There is always chaos when new versions of WordPress come out. Have you seen the forums over on the org, lol? Here's the support link: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-crashes-my-site-with-version-20

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Deryk,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The CoursePress Pro plugin has been extensively tested but we didn't came across issues such as the one you describe. Just to make sure, I have now followed all the steps that you are showing on your video on my test setup and none of them failed. By that I'm not saying that there's "nothing to fix", that's to be confirmed yet. However, we first need to get to the core of the case and see whether this is indeed a bug/glitch in the plugin that only reveals itself under specific circumstances (like specific setup/server/configuration) or if it's related to 3rd-party issues.

That said, I would like to take a closer look at that first and try to follow the same steps directly on your site. Would you mind granting me a support access to it? You can do this by following this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when you're ready, please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Deryk
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you my friend. I did do a forum search, but maybe I got my keywords crossed. Did not see anything that looked similiar. I will go check out the page you have suggested and see if that helps. Thanks again!

• caramiame
    • Flash Drive

I know but one thing that is good for a goose can sometimes be good for us ganders, lol. They weren't the same issue but a bug is a bug and maybe it had reverberating effects? Be great if that were the case. Think positive. they had that major update and they have lots of plugins so issues from a semicolon to whitespace can turn into a nightmare and then the clients range from big dogs to novice users not knowing what they are doing, lol. tis the seaon, I totally get the the frustration. I have been dealing with version control written to my ram disks on about four computers - and not for speed, either... HoHOHO

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Deryk,

hope you're doing good and don't mind me chiming in here! :slight_smile:

I just inspected your website after you kindly granted us support access and saw this issue in action. I was unable to spot any console errors though.

Next step that should be made is a theme/plugin conflict test. This means to deactivate all other plugins apart from CoursePress, revert to a default theme like Twenty Sixteen and check again.
    If this resolves the issue, activate them back one-by-one, checking each time the CP units edit screen until you got the conflicted combination.
    Here you can find a nice flow chart that can help you organize this in a more appropriate way.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/
    (just scroll down a bit to see the image)

I look forward for your results!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.