Coursepress Pro preview not working

Hi,

We have installed both Course Press Pro and Membership2 to create a couple of courses. We have followed the instructions of the tutorial here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/membership-2-coursepress-pro/.
The problem is, that the previews of the units and a whole course do not work. There seem to be no content in the page. I wonder if the menu settings are the problem here? Just guessing, because the current version of wp (not the latest, will update soon) has different options than in the tutorial ?

• Nastia

Hello @Laura, I hope you are well today!

Thank you for granting support access.

Marketpress and CoursePress use lots of virtual/dynamic pages. The Upfront theme doesn't work well with virtual pages yet and they can't be customized in Upfront. Our developers are already working on this and hopefully very soon a fix will be released. We appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day and take care :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Laura Janger-Laitio

Hi there Nastia,

I don't quite understand what virtual pages are, but are you really saying that Coursepress does not work with the Upfront themes? This is really really bad, since we specifically asked several pre sales questions regarding Coursepress and Upfront and the ability to create nice looking courses was one of the main reasons we ended up paying the full membership.

But if this really is the fact of the matters right now, that we can not use Coursepress with the site created by Upfront/Spirit, what do you suggest? We have three courses starting within weeks and we were just about to start downloading the material to Coursepress.

One solution that comes to mind is to create the courses as ordinary pages using Upfront Spirit and then protecting the content with Membership2? Would that work?

• Laura Janger-Laitio

Hi again Nastia,

After some some google searches, I already have the answer to the initial question: coursepress and our site do not work together. :slight_smile:

Our situation is that, we have already sold 3 different courses to our clients so we really need to get them running. I think in this urgent situation, it might be best to create the course content as regular pages on our site and then protect the content with M2, but I'm not quite sure, thus a few questions:

1) Our courses have yoga videos and meditation audio. Could this kind of heavy content cause any problems in Upfront if we have many several pages on the site with this kind of content?
    2) Related to the first question: the videos are hosted in Vimeo, so what is the best way to embedd them in Upfront?
    3) I understood that there is no way to manually add members to M2. So what would be the easiest way of adding new members in this case when we already have the subscription info of the members as a csv file? We have all together around 50 people enrolled and possibly more coming.

Thanks for your help!

• Milan

Hello @Laura Janger-Laitio,

I hope you are having a good day.

Plet let me go bit by bit to answer your questions. :slight_smile:

What are virtual pages ?

Virtual pages are kind of pages which plugin or theme requires to process its core functionality. These pages you can see under Pages admin page. These pages actually suggested to not edit its content as its purely virtually designed to let plugin work.

You can say like that its there as pages but not as other wordpress pages which you can modify and use for your site visitor. :slight_smile: Virtual pages are tightly coupled with plugin or theme which creates it.

I hope this will give you better idea about virtual pages. :slight_smile: Feel free to ask us if you need further explanation.

Now let me move on to your next question. :slight_smile:

Our courses have yoga videos and meditation audio. Could this kind of heavy content cause any problems in Upfront if we have many several pages on the site with this kind of content?

Not at all if you on good hosting plan. Our upfront developer alway try to make upfront as optimized and flexible as they can. Your site's overall performance determined by many other factors like its caching mechanism, plugins you are using, how well site structured and many more.

But the main backbone factors which always on top is Hosting plan you are using + Content on your site + Visitors frequency. :slight_smile:

You can always know how well your site or page is performing here https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Again just keep in mind that if you are getting slow performance then I suggest you contact your hosting provider to know reasons or just shift to good hosting plan.

Related to the first question: the videos are hosted in Vimeo, so what is the best way to embed them in Upfront?

As for Vimeo embeds. Currently there's no "Vimeo" element in Upfront but I agree that would make a great feature as Vimeo is very popular service. There's a workaround however that you may find useful. In order to embed Vimeo videos you may use standard WordPress embed shortcode like this:

[embed]here_goes_vimeo_url[/embed]

This shortcode can be placed anywhere in your posts/pages content but also as a content of "Text" element (as a clean text). It's not responsive but allows you to embed Vimeo movies anywhere.

The shortcode will use default video size so in order to make it bigger/smaller you may want to add "width" and "height" parameters to it.

Let me know if you need help with this we would love to help you. :slight_smile:

I understood that there is no way to manually add members to M2. So what would be the easiest way of adding new members in this case when we already have the subscription info of the members as a csv file?

At this moment there isn't any out of box option available which lets you import members from csv file to membership. But you can always manually add member via Membership > Add member menu of admin panel. That option will let you choose from your existing user or will let you create new member from scratch if want to do so. :slight_smile: Please do review attached screenshot for further information. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Enjoy WPMU DEV.

Cheers!
    Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.