[CoursePress Pro] rendering the CoursePro

What are my options to display the courses with a different look.

Can I use page builder like Elementor with a Custom Type Widget to do this ?

What can you propose?

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello dubernet

You can’t apply the page builder on the default course pages I am afraid. Either you have to use the default pages or you can create your own pages using page builder with CP shortcodes within it. You will find all the shortcodes here: http://DOMAIN.COM/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=course&page=coursepress_settings&tab=shortcodes

Change DOMAIN.COM with your actual domain.

There is another way which is developer oriented. You need to create files in the root of your themes called:

single-course.php

single-discussions.php

single-instructor.php

single-unit.php

archive-discussions.php

archive-notifications.php

archive-unit-grades.php

archive-unit-workbook.php

archive-unit.php

And you can add your custom layout there. You can get a concept of the files from /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/themes/coursepress/ folder.

Hope it helps! Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ash

• dubernet
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ash

Thanks for your answer.

1-How and where can I modify the fonts and size in the theme ?

2-What are the modules/sections/units that allows me to put shortcodes for image sliders, forms .. etc … Just the Text module?

3- How can I get the course structure to be displayed closed ( not extended unit and modules )?

4- What is the logic behind the structure multi choice selection (for showing ) not allowing to select the unit level on its own ? Is it a bug?

5- Is there a way for me to access directly the course custom post type and the course category taxonomy ?

Thanks

Have a nice day

Thierry

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

HI dubernet,

1-How and where can I modify the fonts and size in the theme ?

It'll require custom CSS to change it, if the theme doesn't provide out of the box setting to modify. If you could share the page link, and which all sections you need to change the size, we'll make sure to give a look at it, and help provide the correct CSS for these.

2-What are the modules/sections/units that allows me to put shortcodes for image sliders, forms .. etc … Just the Text module?

The primary use of Text Modules is meant for adding text, and media content related to the courses. You can test, and see how Text Modules goes with shortcodes, however it can vary depending upon whether the shortcodes used are fully compatibility or not.

3- How can I get the course structure to be displayed closed ( not extended unit and modules )?

You can edit the course, and under "Step 2 – Course Details", can change on how you want the course structure to be displayed.

4- What is the logic behind the structure multi choice selection (for showing ) not allowing to select the unit level on its own ? Is it a bug?

I'm not sure whether I follow you regarding this question. You can control how Course is displayed as mentioned above under "Step 2 – Course Details" in View Mode & Course structure

Please check whether that above section helps. If you still have issue, please share a screenshot on how you are seeing the course structure, so that we could have a better idea.

5- Is there a way for me to access directly the course custom post type and the course category taxonomy ?

I'm afraid, there isn't any out of the box setting in the plugin regarding this. Could I know for what specific use case you think this would help? So, I could check this with the developers regarding this?

You can use shortcodes too if you want to render specific courses individually, for example [course]

You can find more info about shortcodes, in the plugin side, under CoursePress Pro > Settings > Shortcodes

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.