[CoursePress Pro] Research Project With Coursepress

Hello, I am working with a university to create a research project with their instructors. They have an account on CampusPress, so we were considering using CoursePress for the project because the research needs to be conducted in phases.

There are 6 modules that will include a video and a survey. This all needs to be hidden from the general public so that only the instructors invited to participate can view the modules, so they will be free, but only for instructors with invites.

The modules must be taken in order 1-6. For each module the instructor must watch a video and then fill out a survey powered by Qualtrics before they can move on to the next module. I seen that there is a plugin for WP to embed the Qualtrics survey on a page or post, but not sure how that will work with coursepress.

My question about coursepress is - will we be able to limit the instructors to taking one module at a time and only allow them to move on the the following modules after each one has been completed even though we would not be using the built in quizzes? Also is it possible to remove registration and manually create accounts for the instructors they would like to include in the research?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lou,

My question about coursepress is - will we be able to limit the instructors to taking one module at a time and only allow them to move on the the following modules after each one has been completed even though we would not be using the built in quizzes?

It's possible to take one module at a time, and CoursePress does have the option to allow moving to next unit only when current is completed... But - that only works with built-in CoursePress modules.
    Plugin doesn't integrate with Qualtrics - so even if you select "User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit" Qualtrics quiz will not be treated as required assessments, and user that takes test will be able to move to next unit after just viewing modules and pages in Unit.

It would require custom coding to integrate those two to fit your requirement I'm afraid.

Also is it possible to remove registration and manually create accounts for the instructors they would like to include in the research?

Yes, you can disable general registration in WordPress settings - or in course you can set that only manually added user can take a course.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.