CoursePress Pro Shortcodes Help

Hello,

I was trying to mess around with this on my own but didn't seem to get it working as needed. I have a 2 part question:

1. Is it possible to build a Wordpress password protected page that I can manually add specific courses to? I would need them to appear the same way as they do on the archive page of the Courses but just be specific ones. Even better method would be a shortcode that could call all classes in a specific category.

2. Feature Request (I think): Could we get a checkbox or an option built in to the course creator where you can say "Don't show this course on main course list page"?

My project entails certain courses that are meant to be private but not even viewable unless you access them from a specific URL.

Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Danny Albeck,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1. Is it possible to build a Wordpress password protected page that I can manually add specific courses to? I would need them to appear the same way as they do on the archive page of the Courses but just be specific ones. Even better method would be a shortcode that could call all classes in a specific category.

For password protecting pages you can use any of the following solutions.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Password_Protection#Password_Protecting_Many_Posts_and_Pages
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/password-protect-selected-content/

To display specific courses list you can use any of the following CoursePress shortcodes.

[course show="title,summary,cost,button" course_id="5"]

[course_list instructor="2,4,5"]

You will find more information about these shortcodes and its parameters on the following path.

Admin Area -> CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> Shortcodes

You will have to style the output generated by the above shortcodes using CSS.

You can also create a new shortcode using the above shortcode code to achieve your requirements.

2. Feature Request (I think): Could we get a checkbox or an option built in to the course creator where you can say "Don't show this course on main course list page"?

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.