CoursePress Pro Student Number Field

Is there any way to extend CoursePress Pro to add fields for students? We are interested in using this to create a corporate training site but need 'students' to be replaced with 'employees' and those employees need to track with employee ID numbers.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello espermedia,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

We are interested in using this to create a corporate training site but need 'students' to be replaced with 'employees'

This should be easily achievable with a little help of our "Ultimate Branding" plugin. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

The plugin includes a "Network-wide text change" feature (although name suggest Multisite WP, it will also work in a regular single WP environment) that lets you change plugins text (labels, messages etc). You could use it to replace all occurrences of "Students" across the site (both front- and back-end) with "Employees".

Is there any way to extend CoursePress Pro to add fields for students? (...) those employees need to track with employee ID numbers.

Currently there's no built-in "additional profile fileds" option but I think there's also quite an easy work-around. Each student of CoursePress Pro course is required to be a registered user of your site. Therefore you could give following way a try:

- on "CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> General" page disable the "Use Custom Login Form" option; this way CoursePress would use whatever registration form would be set as default for your entire WordPress site

- install BuddyPress: https://buddypress.org/

- BuddyPress includes a feature called "x-profile fileds" that let you create many additional registration/profile fields of different types

- use BuddyPress x-profile fields to create a "employee ID" field that'd be assigned with user (therefore student) profile

Would that work for you?

If you have any further questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.