Coursepress Pro Translation does not work

Hello :slight_smile:

I am trying to translate the Coursepress Pro plugin using the Coursepress theme that came with it.

I have downloaded the PO file from wp-content/plugins/coursepress/languages, I have renamed it into cp-el.mo, I have translated a few terms and I re uploaded both the .mo and .po files.

I have also tried to set the define ('WPLANG', 'el'); in wp-config, but the translation does not work.

I have also verified the files with PoEdit but still the same. I finally tried the locale el_GR but no luck.

This did not help either: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/translation-to-russian-poedit

Any Ideas?
I am using Wordpress 4

Kind Regards
Stratos

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Stratos! :slight_smile:

If el_GR is the language code for your particular language, you'll need to ensure that your translations are named cp-el_GR.po & cp-el_GR.mo. You'll also want to make sure that this is in your wp-config:

define ('WPLANG', 'el_GR');

Did you try uploading your translations to wp-content/languages/plugins?

Could you attach your translations here as a .zip archive?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Stratos
    • New Recruit

Ok sir thanks for the advice. I moved the files to the folder you told me and it works like a charm with a small problem: I found that the strings "View Full Profile" and "Who can enroll" do not translate. I have placed the Greek text to the relative fields in the PO Edit but these two strings do not respond to the translation.

Plus Any idea how i can translate the Marketpress Eshop part of the CoursePress Pro ( location of the PO files for Strings like Update Card etch )

Thanks again for your fast response.
    Kind Regards
    Stratos A.

PS I found out that for Wordpress 4.0 the Greek Locale is actually just "el" and not "el_GR" as it used to be. This might be handy to know :wink:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Stratos

I hope you are well today.

Yes, I can see some strings are missing in the language file, I am letting the developer know about this.

About the marketpress translation, if you go to /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/marketpress/marketpress-includes/languages/ folder you will get that language file :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.