CoursePress Pro unit not visible to students.

I'm having issues with my site using CoursePress Pro. Certain courses say "No visible units in the course currently. Please check back later." but I do not know why. It is visible to admin but not to other users like students.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sorat,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have checked your site and all it's settings, I've also looked for errors that could be relevant and checked plugin's code hoping that it will point me to a source of the problem. I also tried to replicate this on my setup using similar configuration but with no luck unfortunately.

Having said that, I have reported this to our devleopers asking them for help, so they could take a look at this. They'll check the site and hopefully we'll "drill down" to the core of the issue this way and find a solution.

Please keep track of this thread and we'll keep you updated as soon as we get to know from them.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sorat,

I'm afraid that we still don't have any good news, when we export the course it works fine for our installations so it's hard to find the exact cause.

I did some additional testing on your site in order to provide devs with some more information that would perhaps speed things up, and during this tests I noticed that duplicating the course will work fine.

If you check your course list in backend, you will see new course there "Israeli Krav Maga Principles Copy".
    If you access units as student you will see that they are shown properly.
    So while waiting for devs to find out the issue you can enable this duplicate course, rename it to remove Copy from the title and then assign all the students as from original course.
    They should be now able to access units in this new course and go through it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ari

Hey Sorat

Hope you are fine!

Sorry to see you are in trouble with our plugin, it was a conflict with membership2 plugin, I added a fix for this and also forwarded this fix to our plugin developer, it will be included in the next release.

So I changed the below code:

foreach ( $this->rule_value as $id => $value ) {
    	if ( $this->has_access( $id ) ) {
    		self::$allowed_ids[] = $id;
    	} else {
    		self::$denied_ids[] = $id;
    	}
    }

With this code:

foreach ( $this->rule_value as $id => $value ) {
    	$has_access = $this->has_access( $id );
    	if ( $has_access !== null ) {
    		if ( $has_access ) {
    			self::$allowed_ids[] = $id;
    		} else {
    			self::$denied_ids[] = $id;
    		}
    	}
    }

in the plugins/membership-2/app/rule/cptitem/class-ms-rule-cptitem-model.php file on line 123

It works for me, let me know if everything is OK from you too.

If you have any problem regarding this issue, let me know here.

Best Regards,
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.