Coursepress pro - Using with other themes

Hello

I have installed Coursepress pro which looks like the perfect solution for my business as I want to sell multiple courses.

The layout however does not seem compatible with my wordpress theme and their seems no way to change the layout

I installed the Coursepress theme which makes a great job of the laying out the course but not the rest of my website

Is there a way I can get the CoursePress Pro to work and look good with my current theme? or does it only work with the Course press theme?

thank you for your help

Adam Petford

• Rupok

Hi Adam Petford, Thanks for asking.

The layout however does not seem compatible with my wordpress theme and their seems no way to change the layout

I just went to this site "185.XXX.XX.XX0/~lin*********wco/" but I can see that currently the CoursePress default theme is activated there. So I'm not sure which theme you are referring to regarding incompatibility issue. You said that you installed the CoursePress theme but other pages are not doing good on this CoursePress theme, I can see some non-designed links on your homepage. But then you said "Is there a way I can get the CoursePress Pro to work and look good with my current theme?" So I assume, you referred to another them which you were using before activating the CoursePress theme on your site.

Can you please tell us which theme you were using before activating the CoursePress default theme or which theme you are referring to? And also please tell us in details what type of incompatibility you are facing with CoursePress with that theme. If we can see the issue live, and inspect the CoursePress elements on that theme live, we could give you proper custom CSS code or theme modification guideline to make CoursePress content looking better on your theme.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Adam

Hello Rupok,

Thank you for your response

I am just struggling a little with the CoursePro Theme - the theme I have been using is SALBII - I created a test course but there was no styling on there at all so it did not look good

I then activated the CoursePro Theme which then effected the rest of the site

Some CSS Styling would be great so I can use the CoursePro with a different theme

Im just struggling little to understand the best options

ill grant access now thank you

Adam

• Adam

Ok Ive made some progress I think I am starting to understand the theme

I just need to understand the logic for example

How to I style the page http://185.123.98.110/~linkeddevnewco/courses/?
    I can see any reason for the side bar menu at all can I just remove that?
    How do I order the courses - I want the free one at the top?
    Is there a way I can offer a price deal for all the courses together?
    The paypal gateway does not seem to work - are there any known reasons for this?

They seems to be know guides or manuals for this?

thank you

Adam

• Rupok

Hi Adam,

I'm so sorry for the delay from our end. I can see that you have made some progress, great job!

Now I know which theme you were referring in thread description. You said "Some CSS Styling would be great so I can use the CoursePro with a different theme", and then later, you said "Ive made some progress I think I am starting to understand the theme". So I'm confused, actually with which theme you want to progress.

Can you please confirm which theme you want to proceed with? I'll guide you in that way. But as you already asked some questions regarding both themes, let me answer those here:

Some CSS Styling would be great so I can use the CoursePro with a different theme

I went to your live site, but I don't see any courses on there. And Salbii seems to be a third party paid theme and I don't have any access on their coding and architecture. As a result, I'm not sure what breaks there. If I could see the design break issue live there and inspect those elements, I could give you custom CSS Code to fix that. Can you please activate that theme on your test site and create some courses there so I can see the breaking and give you proper code to fix that?

How to I style the page http://185.123.98.110/~linkeddevnewco/courses/

You can style that page with custom CSS Code. You can add your custom CSS Code to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS. I could give you custom CSS code if I knew exactly what changes do you want to do there.

I can see any reason for the side bar menu at all can I just remove that?

Yes, you can remove that with the following custom CSS Code:

.content-side-area {
      width: 100%;
    }
    #secondary {
      display: none;
    }

This will hide the sidebar and make content area full width. You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

Is there a way I can offer a price deal for all the courses together?

I'm afraid, this is not possible out of the box. But this sounds to be a nice idea. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

The paypal gateway does not seem to work - are there any known reasons for this?

There is a known issue regarding PayPal sandbox and our developers are working on this. Can you please confirm if you are testing with PayPal sandbox or live? To confirm the issue on your site, I tried to login with Support Access, but when I tried to login, it showed me a blank white page. Can you please revoke and grant us permission again so we can confirm the issue on your site and let our developers know about this too?

Please let us know which theme you finally want to go with. If you decide to go with Salbii theme, can you please activate that on your test site and tell us exactly what you are trying to modify so we can guide you better? If you decide to go with CoursePress theme, then please tell us what modification you want to make in this specifically.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok