Coursepress Pro v2.0

Hi there!

Three issues experienced so far with the new v2.0 Of CPP that I was hoping someone could assist with...

1) The student login page formatting is out of whack (forgive the technical term) see attached image labelled issue_1

2) The new signup form page formatting is also out of whack see attached image labelled issue_2

3) Within the WPMUDEV Plugin Branding "Hide Dashboard Welcome is set to Enable" and it doesn't hide the dashboard welcome bar when CPP is active see attached image labelled issue_3 and issue_3a

4) While I really like a lot of the new features in this version aesthetically it's not as pretty as the last version of CPP. Particularly from a students perspective, I loved the clean UX design of the 'Dashboard' area more than what it is now. See attached issue_4 for the less pretty view

5) There are some conflicts with yoast seo with CPP where CPP appears to be referencing SEO status as courses??? See attached labelled image_5 and image_5a
[image pos="5"]

6) If a learner is doing an informational course where there is no assessable items when they've viewed the content it says "Almost there" but no where for the assessor to go to progress the student and the learners dashboard updates to show "Awaiting review" see image labelled issue_6 and issue_6a

So upon review, I'm not 100% sure v2.0 is ready for my clients yet. I installed v2.0 in order to test it, how can I revert back to last 1.X that worked fine for me?

Many thanks

• Jude

Hey there EVOLOGY

Hope all is well with you and you are keeping fine !

So upon review, I'm not 100% sure v2.0 is ready for my clients yet. I installed v2.0 in order to test it, how can I revert back to last 1.X that worked fine for me?

This may not be possible except if we nuke the whole site and restore it from a backup. That said we'd love to help with any issues you are facing.

Also I see you have reported 6 issues here, would you please be kind enough and open separate tickets for the issues (with the same text copy/pasted is fine) because some of these are potential bugs and will likely need developer assistance.

We can deal with the first 2 in this thread as they are related.

That said lets get started

1) The student login page formatting is out of whack (forgive the technical term) see attached image labelled issue_1

2) The new signup form page formatting is also out of whack see attached image labelled issue_2

Looks like some of the formatting was broken by styles over riding each other. That said here is some CSS that should fix this

.coursepress_student_login .entry-content {
        text-align:left;
        margin-left: 33%;
        margin-right: 33%;
    }

.coursepress_student_signup .entry-content {
        margin: 0 20%;
    }

.coursepress_student_signup .entry-content input[type="text"],
    .coursepress_student_signup .entry-content input[type="password"] {
        width: 60%;
    }

Use a plugin like this if not sure where to put it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a fantastic day !

Cheers
    Jude

• EVOLOGY

Thanks Jude, I think I'll just nuke the site and restore from a backup. It's 1:45am here, I've spent many hours testing and wondering what I've been doing wrong and why it isn't working. So forgive me, I don't have the time, patience or the energy to rehash the issues outlined into seperate support tickets. I trust you will escalate to the relevant areas/departments for review as you mention some of these will need developer attention.

• Luís

Hi EVOLOGY ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

3) "Hide Dashboard Welcome" module from Ultimate Branding, will not hide the admin bar, it will hide the welcome message in the admin dashboard. Please check the plugin's usage page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/#usage

If you want to hide the admin bar to all users except the admin, you can use this code in the theme functions.php or in a mu-plugin:

add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_admin_bar');

function remove_admin_bar() {
    if (!current_user_can('administrator') && !is_admin()) {
      show_admin_bar(false);
    }
    }

5) I would like to apologize, but can you give us more details about the issue you are having with Yoast and CoursePress.

6) I've confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap. Either myself or the developer will reply back here once we have pushed a fix out.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.